Djibril: derealization escitalopram

Djibril

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay thanks Djibril, 

Please continue to let me know how you’re doing💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Djibril, 

I answered you in your message to me. It’s up to you if you decide to stay on 3.80mg. You will eventually stabilise no matter what you do, but when we taper too quickly the withdrawals can last longer. I answered more thoroughly to you in my message. 

Could you please just ask your questions on the thread here. Thank you. No need to message as well, as I will check your thread when I’m able to. 

Feel free to ask ask more questions.

Good night from Australia😴😁

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Djibril, 

Yes, if you’ve only been on 3.80mg for a couple of days you can go back to 4mg today. It might take you a number of months to stabilise, especially seeing you weren’t stable when you tapered. As Gridley had mentioned, it would have been wise to hold for a couple of months Please stop making so many changes, you will just continue to destabilise yourself if you keep tapering too quickly. 

We can’t avoid the symptoms of withdrawals, going through a windows and waves pattern is how we heal. Sometimes the symptoms are worse than at other times. This is our brain healing. Panicking about symptoms can just make them worse, the stress can ramp up the symptoms.

I’m afraid there is no way of speeding up the recovery process. We just have to have a lot of patience. It can take many years. I’ve been tapering my medication for many, many years, I can’t even remember how long. I’ve got many more years to go. I won’t be jumping off until I’m at least down to 0.0something. My brain is so destabilised from all the medications that I feel every small drop. I am tapering by just under 4% at the moment. 

It is a good idea to find some good distractions when going through waves. We can’t stop them, so we need to learn to cope with them. I do arts and crafts, DVD marathons, go out in nature, photography, listen to music etc. 

As regards your derealisation, we don’t know when it will go away. Panicking about it won’t make it go away, I’m sorry. It will disappear one day, but we don’t know when. Maybe when the dosage is lower, maybe once you’re off the medication, or maybe even a while after you’re off the medication. We can’t speed up the healing process. 

I live with depersonalisation too. I’ve had it for over two decades because of an illness I have, chronic fatigue syndrome. But because yours is related to the withdrawals it will go away once your brain reaches equilibrium again. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

• 8 months later...

Hello, at first, before the medication it was only mild. And then I had a baby and I had great anxieties that happened. so I wanted to resume the escitalopram that I had already taken a few years ago and that I had managed to stop suddenly. but when I started this one I had the worst anxieties that I have ever had. and because I have my derealization which has amplified, I decided to decrease it since but each decrease even very small accentuates my deratization, with each drop it is worse. What is going on ? please help me, i have two children and it is hard to take care of my baby.i'm trench and i use Google translate

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

Hi -- I can so much relate to this! The derealization has been the worst part lately, and it got more noticeable each time I dropped down in dose. I am writing just to let you know there are others out there, like myself, who deal with awful derealization. I don't have many solutions to offer except to please keep reaching out, as you are doing. Thank you for sharing this part of your story. 

--Current supplements: Fish oil 1000 mg x4 (split into 2 doses of 1000 mg); Vit. D 2,000 iu once daily; 2-3 tsp coconut oil daily

--3/14/20: Re-discontinued gabapentin after 2 weeks, due to agitation

--2/27/20: Reinstated Kpin .5mg and also briefly reinstated gabapentin 300mg. 2x/daily, to help with side effects (Kpin dose usually taken in a.m. between 5-8 a.m.; gabapentin once in a.m. and once around 6 p.m.)

--2/13/20: Tried reducing Kpin down to .375mg due to dysphoric side effects; tried to CT but started hallucinating again after 4 days

--1/23/20: Placed on daily .5mg dose of Klonopin

--From July 2017-Jan. 2020: PRN Klonopin 1mg. :  up to 1x/day:  sometimes weeks without it, sometimes 1-2x/week, sometimes 4-5x/week; tried to CT in Jan. 2020 and ended up in hospital with delirium and hallucinations

--November 2019: Weaned down gabapentin approx. 100 mg. per week and discontinued it

--August 7, 2019-10/18/19: Reduced Trintellix from 10mg. down to zero (insurance stopped paying for it - I couldn't afford it).

--February 2019-11/30/19: Reduced nortriptyline from 75 mg. to zero

--As of February 2019:  Meds were 10 mg. (1x/day) Trintellix, 75 mg. (1x/day) nortriptyline, and 600 mg. gabapentin

--1992 through 2018: On various cocktails of meds, starting with anafranil

thanks for posting, even if you didn't give me a solution, it helps me. I wish you the best

Edited by Altostrata
removed code
  • Administrator

@Djibril, I moved your post here.

What drug are you tapering? If you're getting withdrawal symptoms, I would stop tapering for a while, let your nervous system settle down.

What drug changes have you made in the last 3 months?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.