Jaque96: my story with antidepressants venlafaxine and antipsychotic quetiapine

Jaque96

¡Hola! ¿Qué tal? Tengo 23 años y soy mexicana. He aquí buscando mucho sobre este medicamento, hasta que encontré este grupo, mi tratamiento comenzó en noviembre, con un citalopram de 20 mg y risperidona 1/4 de 100, decidí para un psicólogo porque estaba que estaba sedado, mi vida ha sido muy inestable , nunca vivió con mis padres porque se separó de mi padre y mi madre, porque fue mi abuelo, en el lugar de mejorar las medicinas que me dio mi primera crisis de ansiedad en febrero, los principios de marzo mi padre me quitó los 1 mes (en marzo de 2019) donde estaba recetado venlafaxina 75 mg una inyección al día y quetiapina 100 mg 1/4 por la noche, Realmente no me siento peor en mi vida que ahora,Perdí mi sentido de todo y no me interesa la escuela y, en mis pensamientos, me veo suicidándome, me extrañaba mucho antes de los medicamentos, creo que no había estado hablando en serio durante mucho tiempo, me gustaría ¡Déjalos lo antes posible! Ayuda

Pasé 2 semanas reduciendo la quetiapina en 1/4 de la mitad de los primeros días, luché un poco, pero ahora duermo bien, la venlafaxina la redujo a 264 gránulos, cantidad de 115 años, por recomendación de una enfermera, la tomé 1 día sí y no uno, pero un día me siento bien y otro día no, la verdad es que lo único que pienso es esto y que no puedo hacer mi vida normal. Siempre ha sido muy inseguro y siento que esto me ha arruinado. Quiero irme ahora que no he pasado mucho tiempo, voy con un psicólogo que me acompaña en el camino, pero ella no tiene nada que ver con las pastillas y que, como tengo poco, es mejor que no.
El texto está traducido de google espero que se entienda.

Google translation:

Hello! How are you? I am 23 years old and I am Mexican. Here is looking for a lot about this medicine, until I found this group, my treatment started in November, with a citalopram of 20 mg and risperidone 1/4 of 100, I decided for a psychologist because I was sedated, my life has been very unstable , he never lived with my parents because he separated from my father and my mother, because he was my grandfather, in the place of improving the medicines that my first anxiety crisis in February gave me, the beginning of March my father took away the 1 month (in March 2019) where venlafaxine 75 mg one injection per day and quetiapine 100 mg 1/4 per night was prescribed, I really do not feel worse in my life than now, I lost my sense of everything and I do not care about school and , in my thoughts, I see myself committing suicide, I missed myself so much before the medications, I think I had not been talking seriously for a long time, I would like to leave them as soon as possible! Help

I spent 2 weeks reducing quetiapine in 1/4 of half of the first days, I struggled a bit, but now I sleep well, venlafaxine reduced it to 264 granules, amount of 115 years, on the recommendation of a nurse, I took it 1 day yes and not one, but one day I feel good and another day no, the truth is that all I think is this and that I can not do my normal life. He has always been very insecure and I feel that this has ruined me. I want to leave now that I have not spent much time, I go with a psychologist who accompanies me on the road, but she has nothing to do with the pills and that, as I have little, it is better than not.

The text is translated from google I hope it is understood. (note: this is part of the translation)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Jaque96: my story with antidepressants venlafaxine and antipsychotic quetiapine

Hi! How are you? I am 23 years old and I am Mexican. Here I was looking for a lot about this medicine, until I found this group, my treatment started in November, with a citalopram of 20 mg and risperidone 1/4 of 100, I decided for a psychologist because I was sedated, my life It has been very unstable I never had my first mother, neither my mother nor my mother, nor my father nor my mother nor my first anxiety crisis in February, the beginning of March my father took away the 1 month (in March 2019 ) where it was prescribed venlafaxine 75 mg one injection a day and quetiapine 100 mg 1/4 at night, I do not really feel worse in my life than now, I lost my sense of everything and I'm not interested in school and, in my thoughts, I see myself committing suicide, I missed myself so much before the medications, I think I had not been talking seriously for a long time, I would like to leave them as soon as possible! Help

I spent 2 weeks reducing quetiapine in 1/4 of half of the first days, fighting a little, but now I sleep well, venlafaxine reduced it to 264 granules, 115 years, on the recommendation of a nurse, I took it 1 day yes and not one, but one day I feel good and another day no, the truth is that all I think is this and that I can not do my normal life. He has always been very insecure and I feel that this has ruined me. I want to leave now that I have not spent much time, I go with a psychologist who accompanies me on the road, but she has nothing to do with the pills and that, as I have little, it is better than not.
The text is translated from google I hope it is understood.

Google Translation:

Hello! How are you? I am 23 years old and I am Mexican. Here I am looking for a lot about this medicine, until I found this group, my treatment started in November, with a citalopram of 20 mg and risperidone 1/4 of 100, I decided for a psychologist because I was sedated, my life has been very unstable, He never lived with my parents because he separated from my father and mother, because he was my grandfather, instead of improving the medicines that my first anxiety crisis in February gave me in early March that my father took away from me. in March 2019) in which venlafaxine 75 mg one injection per day and quetiapine 100 mg 1/4 per night was prescribed, I really do not feel worse in my life than now, I lost my sense of everything and I do not. I care about school and, in my thoughts, I see myself committing suicide. I was very surprised before the medications, I think I had not been serious for a long time, I would like to leave them as soon as possible! Help

I spent 2 weeks reducing quetiapine in 1/4 of half of the first days, I struggled a bit, but now I sleep well, venlafaxine reduced it to 264 granules, amount of 115 years, on the recommendation of a nurse, I took it 1 day yes and not one, but one day I feel good and another day no, the truth is that all I think is this and that I can not do my normal life. He has always been very insecure and I feel that this has ruined me. I want to leave now that I have not spent much time, I go with a psychologist who accompanies me on the road, but she has nothing to do with the pills and that, as I have little, it is better than not.

The text is translated from google I hope it is understood. 

Hello! How are you? I am 23 years old and I am Mexican. Here I am looking for a lot about this medicine venlafaxina and quetiapina, until I found this group, my treatment started in November, with  citalopram of 20 mg and risperidone 1/4 of 100, I decided for a psychologist because I was feel sedated, my life has been very unstable, He never i lived with my parents because they separated, when  my grandfather died , i decided go to professional. The medicines instead of improving they provoked my first anxiety crisis in February, My father thought that it was because of the pills, and I remove them all at once, which led me to a very strong crisis, For what I was prescribed in  venlafaxine 75 mg one capsule per day and quetiapine 100 mg 1/4 per night was prescribed, I really do not feel worse in my life than now, I lost my sense of everything and I do not I care about school and, in my thoughts, I see myself committing suicide. I was very best before the medications, I think I had not been serious for a long time, I would like to leave them as soon as possible! Help
I am currently taking venlafaxine 1 day yes and one no, of 264 pellets I am 115, the problem is that one day I feel good and another day, quetiapine I take half of the 1/4 that I was prescribed one day yes and no, and I have no problem sleeping, but the step in my cell phone has become an obsession and I do nothing else because I feel the need to find a guide to help me get these out  medications, the psychiatrist wants to leave treatment for a year but I know that they cause more problems, help me please!
I want to feel cheerful and calm again like before.
Tomorrow I will go with a naturopathic doctor to see what can guide me, I hope it is understood as it is translated from google

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, Jaque96, and welcome to SA.  I have a few questions.

What dosage of Venlafaxine are you taking now?  Are you still taking 75mg?

Is your dosage of quetiapine 25mg, 1/4 of 100mg?  

What does this sentence mean: "I am currently taking Venlafaxine...of 264 pellets I am 115"?  

Is your Venlafaxine extended release (XR) or regular?

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.

Alternate day dosing, such as you are doing with venlafaxine,  is equivalent to reducing your dose by 50%.  Alternate day dosing (every other day dosing) is NOT recommended by SA.  SA recommends tapering by 10% of the previous dose followed by a hold of about 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

This link gives information about tapering Venlafaxine.

I hope the Google translate will work for you in understanding these links.

This is your introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.  I hope you’ll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation.  I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but I am glad that you found us.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of May 2: 6.1mg

Taper is 92% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Administrator

Welcome, Jaque.

Please do NOT skip doses to taper.

Instead of looking at your cell phone, take a walk, breathe deeply, calm yourself down. You'll need to take your drugs more consistently, then you can taper the Effexor first.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 months later...

¡Hola! Gracias por contestarme, y una disculpa por no haber respondido antes, pero se me prohibió entrar para obtener más información porque se estaba convirtiendo en una obsesión, bueno, quería decirle que no he estado tomando ninguna droga durante 2 meses, y no he tenido síntomas muy graves, al principio eran pensamientos obsesivos, ansiedad, un poco de insomnio, aplanamiento emocional, dolor de cabeza, de todo lo anterior, ahora solo tengo dolor de cabeza, dolor en el corazón y un poco de ansiedad con la comida, puedo llorar y siento una pequeña emoción de alegría que me sucedió respirando conscientemente, el dolor en el pecho me regresa solo cuando pienso en lo que perdí y en lo que me convertí cuando caí tan profundo, también me da el trauma que se fue Es pensar que mi cerebro estaba dañado y que podría pedir medicamentos, it is scary because I imagine that I lost power over myself and my emotions and that stops me a lot and discourages me, made me feel like with less self-esteem,  does our brain recover to how it was or could  improve?

Google translation:

Hello! Thank you for answering me, and an apology for not responding before, but I was forbidden to enter for more information because it was becoming an obsession, well, I wanted to tell you that I have not been taking any drugs for 2 months, and I had no symptoms very serious, at first they were obsessive thoughts, anxiety, a little insomnia, emotional flattening, headache, from all of the above, now I only have a headache, pain in the heart and a little anxiety with food, I can cry and I feel a little emotion of joy that happened to me breathing consciously, the pain in my chest returns to me only when I think about what I lost and what I became when I fell so deep, it also gives me the trauma that went away It's thinking that my brain was damaged and I could ask for medication, it is scary because I imagine that I lost power over myself and my emotions and that stops me a lot and discourages me, made me feel like with less self-esteem,  does our brain recover to how it was or could  improve?

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

da miedo porque imagino que perdí poder sobre mí y mis emociones y eso me detiene mucho y me desalienta, me hace sentir con menos autoestima, ¿nuestro cerebro se recupera de cómo era o podría mejorar?

I think that physicamente I have not had such strong symptoms, when I have a headache I bathe in cold water and it passes, I also had muscle spasms but without pain and they only suddenly give, I have found articles that say we can modify our brain, and I cheer up and then vuleve the thought that something is damaged in the brain and may not improve, do you know of people who have recovered from this? or they know if our chemistry recovers

Google translation:

It's scary because I imagine that I lost power over myself and my emotions and that stops me a lot and discourages me, makes me feel less self-esteem, does our brain recover from how it was or could improve?

I think that physicamente I have not had such strong symptoms, when I have a headache I bathe in cold water and it passes, I also had muscle spasms but without pain and they only suddenly give, I have found articles that say we can modify our brain, and I cheer up and then vuleve the thought that something is damaged in the brain and may not improve, do you know of people who have recovered from this? or they know if our chemistry recovers

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation
  • Moderator Emeritus

Here's some additional information which might help you to understand what is happening:

Recovery isn't linear it happens in a Windows and Waves Pattern

Withdrawal Normal Description

When we take a psychiatric drug, we are adding chemical/s to the brain.  The brain then has to change to adapt to getting the chemical/s.  It might have to change something to do with A and then once that change has been made it affects B so another change has to be made and so on down the line.  It is a chain reaction, a domino effect.

The same thing happens when we take the drug away.  That's why it's possible to experience such a vast array of withdrawal symptoms, and they can change, and be of different intensity.

Please see this topic:  are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

These explain it really well:

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

On 8/31/2011 at 5:28 AM, Rhiannon said:

When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

AND

On 12/4/2015 at 2:41 AM, apace41 said:

Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are trying to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were trying to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and trying to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while life is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made.  

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Hello, Jacque. How have your symptoms changed over the last 3 months?

We see people very slowly recovering from withdrawal syndrome, it can take many months. The nervous system upset is not permanent.

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.