Spivey: Tapering Help Needed - Detox Survivor

Spivey

Hi,

I was detoxed almost 5 years ago from Klonopin 1.25mg.  Five days and off.  Caused a ton of symptoms that in the past year or so had dramatically improved.

Was put on Seroquel 100mg and Remeron 15mg in detox.  Tapered half the Remeron over a year and a half to get down to 7.5mg.  Want to start Seroquel taper.

In the past six months have developed severe vertigo and adrenaline surges.  Was working almost full time and have had to scale back a lot.  Fear either the Seroquel or Remeron are causing this.

Am taking Sandoz brand of Seroquel.  It comes in 100mg and 25mg tabs but my pharmacy only carries the 100mg.  I want to do a liquid titration but use 75mgs in tablets and 25mg in liquid.  Any ideas on how to get the Sandoz 25mg tablets?   Can get brand 25mg tablets and have considered making the switch cause at least then i can predict i will have that type for duration of taper.

Scared to start a taper when i am this unstable but fear the drugs are turning on me as I have been on them for a while.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed to get me out of this dilemma.  I am realistic and now it will take a long while but want to make progress and hopefully restabilize also.

Thanks

• ChessieCat changed the title to Spivey: Tapering Help Needed - Detox Survivor
  • Administrator

Welcome, Spivey.

What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages? Are your symptoms worse or better at any particular times of day?

Have you accidentally skipped any doses of either drug?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for responding,

I take all the meds, 7.5mg Remeron and 100mg Seroquel at night.  

I never have missed a dose.

Symptoms wax and wane but evenings are usually better.

I also forgot to mention i am sensing the development of Dysphagia and Tardive Dyskinesia which is quite troubling.

Thanks

• Administrator

That sounds like that dosage of Seroquel is too much for your system. Please read

Use this Web site to find source for tablets https://www.goodrx.com/quetiapine?dosage=25mg&form=tablet&label_override=quetiapine&quantity=30

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

So first night transitioning from tablets to water.  Increased anxiety and agitation for sure.  Hope i can ride this out cause i know it will make tapering so much easier.