European Medicines Agency Acknowledges Persistent Sexual Dysfunction After SSRIs & SNRIs!

anacleta

• ChessieCat changed the title to European Medicines Agency Acknowledges Persistent Sexual Dysfunction After SSRIs & SNRIs!
  • Administrator

What was interesting to you about these article? Posting a bit about the content or some selections from the articles can get discussion going.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What was interesting to you about these article? Posting a bit about the content or some selections from the articles can get discussion going.

Why is it that the people who comment on the rxisk site are adamant that the damage done by SSRI's is permenant, yet on this site there is much hope (and evidence for it)?  Whenever I read articles and discussion on the rxisk site, I come away feeling so hopeless and depressed.  It makes me wonder if the people who make these comments have never seen this forum (SA), which is hard to believe, or do they think all the success stories here are made up?  Either way, I am sick of reading it. I need to stop, because other people's negativity is really pulling me down.

But it is good news about the EMA.

Escitalopram for anxiety (dates below are approximate).

Oct 09 - Apr 10, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 10 - Feb 11, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 11 - Aug 12, 20mg (started to taper off but failed). 

Oct 12 - Dec 13, 20mg.  Dec 13 - Apr 14, 10mg.  Apr 14 - Nov 14, 5mg. 

Nov 14 - Jan 16, 20mg.  Jan 16 - Aug 16, 10mg.  Aug 16 - Dec 16, 10mg every other day.  Dec 16 - Jan 17 5mg every third day.  Jan 17 - took last tablet.

• Administrator

We follow people throughout their recoveries, and we see people recover. Rxisk posts are from people in the worst part of the cycle.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks to the Rxisk Team, all signatories on the petition and all of us that we are committed as possible. This step was essential.
It is a demonstration that by making one’s voice heard, persevering and joining forces, things can move.
So now we have to do it more than before, because  “Forewarned is forearmed”, but we will not heal with an extra wording on a piece of paper, we must find researchers who commit themselves to understand the syndrome and to seek a valid cure. 

A response to the EMA ruling is also expected from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which was petitioned at the same time using the same data that encouraged the European-wide decision. The federal agency indicated thus far that “no decision had yet been made” and that its review was “still ongoing.”

Given the depth, range, and statistical power of the research, it would be remarkable if the agency reached a conclusion different from its European counterpart.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/side-effects/201906/post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction-recognized-medical-condition

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy