Oseltamivir / Tamiflu - should I use it for influenza?

wanttosurvive

Hi, 

Is there anyone, who had taken oseltamivir for influenza. I have been diagnosed as having influenza and doctor prescribed oseltamivir. But I am afraid to take it. Any suggestions?

6 months treatment of prozac in 1996 (do not remember any withdrawal symptom)

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

October 2017- Suicidal. Had to start Mirtazapine

17 December 2017 LAST DOSE   

NO DRUG AFTER 17 DECEMBER 2017.

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I did a google search and found this:

https://davidhealy.org/left-hanging-suicide-in-bridgend/

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Update:

I took 4 doses of oseltamivir (began friday evening, took last dose 2 hours ago)... up to now I have not experienced an unusual side effect. But the symptoms of influenza are hard. Friday evening my temperature was 38,5. I have severe headache, sore throat, fatigue.....now I can not exactly differentiate the symptoms. Total dose of oseltamivir will end wednesday morning, I will give update at that time. 

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Oseltamivir / Tamiflu - should I use it for influenza?

Update:

I took two more doses of the oseltamivir (last evening and this morning). Influenza symptoms are much better, Now I decided to end the oseltamivir therapy. The overall course must be 5 days (10 doses). But instead I have taken it for 3 days (6 doses).

I have wave symptoms (heavy head feeling, headache, little nausea, excessive sweating....). Last week I had wave symptoms but these are pronounced. In addition, last night my sleep disturbed. Even in waves I can sleep 5-6 hours without interruption. I do not know this is because of oseltamivir, or my poor general health condition after influenza, or the course of the wave is like this? I have experinced it in previous waves. When a wave begins, symptoms deepens within weeks and most generally it ends in 3 weeks. I am in the current wave for 2 weeks now.....

In conclusion, on friday my general health condition was poor, I had fever,....I was both afraid to take the drug, also afraid of consequences of the infection. So I decided to take oseltamivir. I am not sure, since I am in a wave, but oseltamivir might have affected my WD recovery.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy