texmax: someone using nortriptyline / Pamelor

texmax

Hello, good morning everyone.. someone uses nortripitiline, because I use this medication for about 5 years or so, I have used 125 mg, I am currently using 75 mg, at the moment I am trying to make a weaning by myself, I take one day and then I am not taking about 6 days, I am doing so, I feel good at the moment, just a slight sensation of my psychologist, and sexual function, please could someone guide me, because my psychiatrist does not help me..Thank you waiting for some answer.

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted - translated post?

2013  paroxetina aprazolam
2014 paroxetina,buspirona
2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina
2019 nortripitilina  fevereiro redução gradual 

2020 nortripitilina 75 mg

2021 nortripitilina 30 mg 

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

2023 nortripitilina  fevereiro 1,75 mg atual 2,25 mg 

• ChessieCat changed the title to texmax: someone using nortriptyline / Pamelor
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello  Texmax   and welcome to SA.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved .

I am having a problem understanding your post.

Is the following correct:

You were taking Nortriptiline for 5 years at a dose of 125mgs.

When did you start to reduce your dose?

Did you reduce slowly or straight from 125mgs to 75mgs?

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Olá sou brasileiro,algum psiquiatra aqui no Brasil que ajude a sair dessas drogas?

Google translation:

Hello I am Brazilian, any psychiatrist here in Brazil that helps to get out of these drugs?

Por favor alguém me ajude preciso de uma orientação..obrigado aos moderadores.

Google translation:

Please someone help me I need some guidance..Thank you to the moderators.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation and copied post asking about local psychiatrist

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

Welcome, texmax.

Please do not skip doses of the drug to taper! If I were you, I'd take 50mg every day at the same time.

Let your nervous system rest for a month or so.  Please let us know how you're doing.

If no problems, you might then consider tapering further

See Tips for tapering off nortriptyline 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

muito obrig (thank you so much)

Thank you very much for answering, I was very excited to know that I am with people who understand the subject, sorry for the writing, but I have to play on google translator, to communicate, I will do the following take the dose of 75 mg during a month, then reduce 10% to see what happens, I will keep you informed .. thank you from the heart ..

ado a vcs, por me responderem, fico (adored by you for answering me i'm)

Edited by ChessieCat
formatted translation and added translations

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

I suggested 50mg per day because, having taken the drug inconsistently, you might find 75mg per day too stimulating. It may take more than a month for your nervous system to settle down. I would not try tapering again for a while. Please tell us how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Sugeri 50 mg por dia porque, tendo tomado o medicamento de forma inconsistente, você pode achar 75 mg por dia muito estimulante. Pode levar mais de um mês para o seu sistema nervoso se acalmar. Eu não tentaria diminuir novamente por um tempo. Por favor, diga-nos como você está.

Hello Altostrata ... Yeah ... I've been to my psychiatrist, I suggested him a 50 mg nortriptyline prescription, but unfortunately he said he would have to get back the 75mg dose, I'm on my second day using that dose, but I'm very sleepy, anxious and a little fatigue, but I will inform you how I walk, something else if possible, my libido is zero, my marriage is on the line, there is something that helps in libido, thank you and good night ..

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted translated post

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

Topic title:  Desmame (Weaning)

tex max, Olá boa tarde a todos ..
eu gostaria de saber, quando eu estou no processo de retirada de 10%, se nesse meio tempo eu ficar ruim o que devo fazer, suportar os sintomas? aumentar as doses? desculpe, mas eu preciso de uma orientação melhor em conformidade .. obrigado.

google translation:

tex max, hello good afternoon everyone ..
I would like to know, when I am in the process of withdrawing 10%, if in the meantime I get bad what should I do, endure the symptoms? increase the doses? sorry but i need better guidance accordingly .. thanks.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title, unbolded, added translation, moved to intro

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

Well, I think the time has come, I'm using nortripitine for 5 years, but I want to withdraw, how should I proceed?

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed up font

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi texmax

I've merged your new topic with your Introduction topic.  Each member has only 1 introduction topic where they can ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  Please ask questions here in your Introduction topic.  Thank you.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

tips-for-tapering-off-nortriptyline

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

On 9/17/2019 at 3:50 AM, texmax said:

I would like to know, when I am in the process of withdrawing 10%, if in the meantime I get bad what should I do, endure the symptoms? increase the doses? sorry but i need better guidance accordingly .. thanks.

If the symptoms are bearable, which meas if you can live with the symptoms, then you would hold until you feel stable.  That might mean waiting for 5 or 6 weeks, or longer, instead of 4.  If the symptoms are unbearable then you could take a tiny bit more of the drug, but you don't go back to the last dose.

Please note that it takes about 4 days for a dose change to get to the new level in your blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  Unless the symptoms are really bad in the first 2 or 3 days, it would be better to wait for at least 1 week to give your brain time to get used to the new dose.

We suggest that you keep notes on paper of your symptoms, which improves and/or worsens so that you can see how the dose change is affecting you.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

hello, i'm now using a 75 mg dose of nortriptyline, i'll let it stabilize for about 3 months to start the withdrawal, await instructions, thanks

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• 2 weeks later...

hello moderators and friends of the forum, I would like to know why lately i'm having a lot of fatigue and weakness using 75 mg nortriptyline, my depression symptoms until they are normal but the problem is that I didn't feel it before, what should i do? Thanks

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

Hello, texmex. Please post your questions about your own condition in your Intro topic.

When did these symptoms start? What times of day are they worse or better?

hello good night everyone..am a user of nortripitiline currently using a dose of 75mg, and I've been at it for 5 years now, I'm fine, but with a little fatigue, I wonder if it will be very difficult for me to do the withdrawal of this medicine, if anyone can help me in this direction and guide I would be very grateful, because I am from Brazil and around here is very difficult for a doctor to know the withdrawal syndrome .. thanks to all ..

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted text

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

texmax, please post your updates and questions in your existing Introductions topic -- this topic. Please do not start additional Introductions topics.

Please read Tips for tapering off nortriptyline 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 1:12 PM, Altostrata said:

Bem-vindo, texmax.

Por favor, não pule doses da droga para afunilar! Se eu fosse você, tomaria 50mg todos os dias no mesmo horário.

Deixe seu sistema nervoso descansar por um mês ou mais. Informe-nos como você está.

Se não houver problemas, considere reduzir ainda mais

Veja dicas para diminuir a nortriptilina 

hello altostrata how are you ... so i went back to the 75 mg dose of nortriptyline, at the moment i'm fine, i plan to start my withdrawal in january or february 2020, my psychiatrist will try to help me, despite being contrary to these guidelines, yet I have many doubts, the main one is if everything goes well during the withdrawal in the last doses what I should do, I know it takes time time I am aware of this, sorry for the spelling but it is because I use the google translator to communicate ... I wait an answer..Thank you so much ..

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

Please read Tips for tapering off nortriptyline 

You would taper down to a fraction of a milligram before going off.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:20 PM, Altostrata said:

Olá, texmex. Poste suas perguntas sobre sua própria condição no tópico Introdução.

Quando esses sintomas começaram? Que horas do dia são piores ou melhores?

Hello Autostrata alright ... so now I am now stabilized with the new 75mg dose of nortriptyline, I plan to start reducing the dose in January or February 2020, I have already talked to my doctor, although he is against some abstinence syndrome guidelines it will reduce the dose by 10% every two months, i would like to know if i can get your support for this long way i will go, like any questions or suggestions during the process i would be very grateful if i could help, for me this site is being very important about these psychiatric drugs and abstinence, I am spreading here in Brazil so that more and more people can enjoy this very important tool that we have here on the site "surviving antidepressants" and I hope you can continue helping the people who are in this difficult way to go ... thanks once again ..

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

I would not count on reducing in January or February 2020, you'll have to see how you feel. As I wrote before:

On 9/13/2019 at 1:54 PM, Altostrata said:

I suggested 50mg per day because, having taken the drug inconsistently, you might find 75mg per day too stimulating. It may take more than a month for your nervous system to settle down. I would not try tapering again for a while.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

2 hours ago, texmax said:

it will reduce the dose by 10% every two months

Yes, this is a gradual tapering plan.

Please do NOT use the <> style to post your translation, I have to edit out the code so I can read your post.

Mas já me sinto um pouco bem melhor,acho que não haveria problema em começar a retirada em janeiro ou fevereiro.

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

Please translate to English.

But I feel a little better already, I think it's okay to start a withdrawal in January or February.

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

Thanks, please do not use <>, I have to delete the code to read the translation.

I've given you my best advice. You're welcome.

hello altostrata alright ...
So you suggest that I continue to use this 75 mg dose until that month remembering that I stabilized
 at two months or so, if you can help me thank you 
Edited by Shep
reduced the text size

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Texmax, I received your PM but I'm answering it here on your thread so all of your information is in one place.

We've already answered your question that a 10% reduction is a good taper rate. 

Please post any additional questions you have here in your thread. 

On 22/09/2019 at 19:07, ChessieCat said:

Oi texmax

Mesclamos seu novo tópico com o tópico Introdução. Cada membro tem apenas um tópico de introdução, onde pode fazer perguntas sobre sua própria situação e registrar seu progresso no diário. Faça perguntas aqui no seu tópico de Introdução. Obrigado.

Por que diminuir 10% da minha dosagem?

dicas para diminuir a nortriptilina

Lista de verificação de sintomas de WD do Dr. Joseph Glenmullen

Se os sintomas são suportáveis, que medem se você pode conviver com os sintomas, você aguenta até se sentir estável. Isso pode significar esperar 5 ou 6 semanas ou mais, em vez de 4. Se os sintomas forem insuportáveis, você poderá tomar um pouco mais do medicamento, mas não voltará para a última dose.

Observe que leva cerca de 4 dias para que uma mudança de dose chegue ao novo nível no seu sangue e um pouco mais para ele se registrar no cérebro. A menos que os sintomas sejam realmente ruins nos primeiros 2 ou 3 dias, seria melhor esperar pelo menos 1 semana para dar tempo ao seu cérebro para se acostumar com a nova dose.

Sugerimos que você anote no papel os seus sintomas, o que melhora e / ou piora para que você possa ver como a alteração da dose está afetando você.

so, right now I'm fine keeping this 75mg dose, I plan to start my withdrawal in mid-February 2020, when I start I'll warn you so they can orient me ..

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• 1 month later...
hello and good afternoon everyone ...
I was at my psychiatrist this week and thanks to God he agreed to reduce the doses of nortripitilina 75mg by 10%, he gave me the prescriptions for 3 months, each prescription with a 10% dosage with each reduction, at first it was like this, the first prescription at 67.5mg, the second at 60mg and the third at 54mg, I hope everything goes well, at first I'm fine and prepared for the withdrawal, I ask friends who are part of this site to help me in the course of the reduction in case of any doubt or symptom, as he gave me a liquid prescription of 2mg per ml, so that during the withdrawal I can increase the dose if I feel very bad..thanks everyone ..

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• 1 month later...
hello guys, I started my withdrawal now in February 2020, making the withdrawal at 10% each dose, 
I was using 75mg of nortripitiline and I started using 67.5mg, 
now from tomorrow I will be on the new dose of 60mg for another 4 weeks, 
I am feeling well, I hope it continues like this, using 2000 omega3 to help with the withdrawal, 
I will inform you in the next months how I will be doing..thanks everyone ..
Edited by Shep
reduced font size

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• 2 weeks later...

hello good night..sera any moderator could guide me? I started my reduction of nortripitilina in February of that year, I was taking the dose of 75mg, today I am currently in the third month of reduction with a dose of 48.5 mg, only I have mild symptoms (fatigue, low libido), I have 3 more pills to take to start using the new dose of 43 mg ... my question is as follows : do i keep the 48mg dose or can i move on to the next step with the 43mg dose ?? thanks

Edited by Altostrata
removed code

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Administrator

If you are having withdrawal symptoms, I would stay at 48.5mg for some time, maybe 2 months or more.

What is your tapering schedule?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Please DO NOT use the <> marks when posting.

thank you altostrata for responding, so they are bearable and mild symptoms, 
I think I will move on to a new stage of reduction ..
Edited by Shep
reduced font size

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 9:56 AM, Altostrata said:

Se você estiver com sintomas de abstinência, eu ficaria em 48,5 mg por algum tempo, talvez 2 meses ou mais.

Qual é o seu horário de afilamento?

Para nos ajudar, siga estas instruções. Coloque o seu medicamento e histórico de abstinência em sua assinatura. Você pode precisar usar um computador para fazer isso.

NÃO use as marcas <> ao postar.

Please also see following post by ChessieCat which contains another question from texmex found in another topic.

hello altostrata ... alright ... so, at the moment i'm using a 43.5 milligram dose of nortripitiline, i started to reduce in febrero, i've been feeling a lot of fatigue and tiredness, very low sexual desire, i have a return visit with my psychiatrist now this week, I will suggest to him to keep this dose of 43.5 for about 3 months, until he improves these little bearable symptoms a little, I think I am on the right path.

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size/added pointer to next post

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

texmex has posted this in another topic.  I have posted what he quoted at the bottom for context.  This is his question:

38 minutes ago, texmax said:

but what to do if I am suddenly hit in the middle of withdrawal

On 1/21/2015 at 7:07 AM, Rhiannon said:

It's pretty variable, and it depends on which drug you're cutting, but there are a couple of rough patterns.

First, there are the immediate symptoms, which people experience as the drug level drops, within a few days of the cut. Then there are the symptoms that play out after that as the body adjusts to the change; those can play out and come and go and change over weeks or sometimes months.

Second, when people are cutting too often or too fast, there can be a sort of cumulative crash when they've just gotten way too far ahead of their body's ability to adapt, and that can come on fairly suddenly at any point in a taper of pretty much any med.

But there's also a pretty common thing with ADs in particular, where people taper or cut and don't have much trouble at first, and they feel like they're doing pretty good, and then they get hit suddenly further out, anywhere from about three months to a year. In that situation the person has been feeling okay but then they just get hit out of the blue, although there's often a stressful event that precipitates it.

Hope this answers your question. 🙂

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

22 horas atrás, ChessieCat disse:

O texmex postou isso em outro tópico. Publiquei o que ele citou na parte inferior para contextualizar. Esta é sua pergunta:

22 horas atrás, ChessieCat disse:

O texmex postou isso em outro tópico. Publiquei o que ele citou na parte inferior para contextualizar. Esta é sua pergunta:

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg

thank you chessiecat for answering my question, thank you for your time, but i still had doubts, in this case i am feeling withdrawal symptoms at the moment, and now what do i do? do i keep using the new dose of the medicine? or increase or keep it until stabilized? grateful

Edited by ChessieCat
reformatted

2015 nortripitilina
2018 nortripitina

2022 nortripitina 15 mg