hereandthere111: haldol withdrawal

hereandthere111

hello everyone

ive been drugged in a hospital with haldol and as i quit ive experianced severe depersonalisation and extreme anhedonia for a few weeks, perhaps till the long acting haldol injection wore of. as it wore off i came back to myself but only partially. now this happened almost a year ago and im still not me. my sleeping is affected, i cant nap for example. i think its the withdrawal symptoms. can someone tell me please will i ever recover from this? thanks a lot

• Altostrata changed the title to hereandthere111 haldol withdrawal
  • Administrator

Welcome, hereandthere.

I am sorry you experienced this adverse reaction to Haldol and consequent post-withdrawal problems. What we see is that recovery from adverse drug effects can be very gradual and frustrating. You will have to be patient.

What is your sleep pattern now? Repairing your sleep might help. Please see

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

What is the sleep cycle?

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

thanks. my sleep it seems to me it misses a stage, like ive said - i cant nap, meaning that my sleep ends rapidly, i open my eyes and im awake. i dont feel rested and that bothers me. i wonder if i will ever go back to normal. sometimes i take lexapro to ease the withdrawal and it seems it gets better but thats still an artificial cure.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Here

22 hours ago, hereandthere111 said:

sometimes i take lexapro

How often are you doing this and what dose are you taking?

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Hi Here

Sassenach

hi, im doing it every night before bed and im not sure about the dosage sassenach

On 10/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, hereandthere.

I am sorry you experienced this adverse reaction to Haldol and consequent post-withdrawal problems. What we see is that recovery from adverse drug effects can be very gradual and frustrating. You will have to be patient.

What is your sleep pattern now? Repairing your sleep might help. Please see

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

What is the sleep cycle?

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

thanks altostrata, but ive just been wondering for how long will this last till im back to normal and if it will ever go back. do you have an estimation for how long if ever? thank you

On 10/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, Sassenach said:

Hi Here

Sassenach

ugh sorry everyone, its not lexapro its clozapine, atypical antipsychotic 

• Administrator

No, I cannot predict when any individual will recover. It's different for everyone.

As I said, doing small things such as improving your sleep may move the process along.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to hereandthere111: haldol withdrawal