Lb11: Effexor and Prozac

Lb11

Hello,

I started on 75 mg of Effexor last September 2018 and have been on it for over a year. I was put on the medicine for anxiety and OCD. July 2019 I decided I was ready to come off of it and my doctor told me come off when I was ready and didn’t give me any instructions. I went down to 37.5 mg immediately and within a few days started feeling really depressed which is something I’ve never struggled with before. Not knowing what to do I went back to my doctor and 3 weeks ago she added Prozac 10 mg for me to take with the 37.5 mg of Effexor until I was ready to taper off that. I feel very depressed like I said which has never been an issue until I cut my dose in half and I feel like I have mood swings. Since I feel like my doctor didn’t know the correct way to taper me i am just afraid I don’t know info on how to safely get off and I read that I was having withdrawls. What should I do to stop these horrible effects? Should I up the Effexor again or do what. I need relief and feel like my doctor is unsure how to correctly help either. Thank you for listening 

I am currently taking

37.5 Effexor. 10 mg Prozac 

September 10 2018- July 28 2019 effexor 75 mg

july 28 2019- current Effexor 37.5 mg

September 29 2019 - added Prozac 10 mg

june 18 2020- current Prozac 20mg 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Lb11: Effexor and Prozac