Gussy: fast effexor taper, The Darkness has faded, the light is back. Almost 3 years at 0.

Sorry, before taking Escilatopram, when I had "dysthymia" or "high functioning depression" as "science" now calls it, I guess just so that people who don't have a lot of problems start taking these AD, I had good evenings too. After 5 months of AD treatment, such evenings disappeared, I wish they would come back, but But the return of sleep is the primary dream for now.

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

• 1 month later...

Hello Gussy, how are you Now? Van you live a normal life now? Are you able to have a drink with your Friends? Or is alcohol and medication still a Problem? 

Much love to you! :) 

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

3 hours ago, Kara2302 said:

Hi Kara2302. One important day last year I chose to have a light beer and a half beer/half lemonade (think it had way more beer than lemonade), it had been much longer than 6 years since i'd had a drink. It made me feel things in areas of my brain that reminded me of wd/pws so I'll only have light drinks on very important occasions. A few years back i had an antibiotic called doxycycline which agrivated wd/pws areas of my brain too, I thought it can't be, I'm going crazy or something. On the day i decided no more doxy i heard David Healy say it inhibits serotonin reuptake, i nearly hit the roof.

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

Oh thats so sad. I am sorry for That. 🥺 Seems like we Never will be our oldselves. 😔 

How Long did the sideeffects From alcohol or the medicine Last for you? 

best wishes for you! And thanks for your answer. Hope youre Good.🙏🙏

2011-2019 Prozac (6month Taper) 
May 2020 Amitryptiline Adverse reaction to three doses (2mg) !!

5 hours ago, Kara2302 said:

Oh thats so sad. I am sorry for That. 🥺 Seems like we Never will be our oldselves. 😔 

How Long did the sideeffects From alcohol or the medicine Last for you? 

best wishes for you! And thanks for your answer. Hope youre Good.🙏🙏

Hi again, although wd/pws was very bad and went on far too long I'm kind of "grateful" too, for lack of better words. I know about this now and how much protection I have to try to give my loved ones. It doesn't always work out with the dominant system but I'll do anything to save those I can from falling into this trap.

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.