Chrisl1982: Withdrawal 101

Chrisl1982

After 8 years and the VA ho humming with me they agreed to allow me to come off my meds. I recently came off Lamotragine and Zoloft. I’ve read through here and see that maybe they set me up for failure with the tapering process. Basically I tapered down from 100 mg of Zoloft and 200 mg of Lamotragine over a 1 week period for both. I’ve been off both meds for about a month and I feel so blunted. I can’t seem to find happiness. I seem hyper sexual at times which isn’t normal for me. Most of all I am exhausted all the time. I work full time and am a husband and father to 3 children so it’s expected I have my **** together but I don’t. What can I do ? I don’t want to go back on meds do I just keep waiting it out. I am afraid these are my mental illness coming back? Any suggestions are welcomed. 

• Altostrata changed the title to Chrisl1982 Withdrawal 101
  • Administrator

Welcome, Chris.

What drugs are you taking now, at what dosages, at what times of day?

How long have you been off each of lamotrigine and Zoloft? How much were you taking? Did you quit both at the same time?

Do you have any symptoms other than emotional blunting and maybe post-SSRI genital sensitivity?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I take 10 mg of adderall in the morning I’ve been off about a month for both the Zoloft and Lamotragine 100mg Zoloft and 200 mg Lamotragine the dr had me do 1 week of taper for Lamotragine and 1 week of taper for Zoloft basically going down 25 mg every other day and I am still experiencing emotional blunting exhaustion. Mood swings depression manic episodes is this normal ? 

• Administrator

Please give more detail about "manic episodes."

How long have you been taking Adderall? Why were you taking it with lamotrigine? What times of day -- o'clock -- do you take your drugs? Are your symptoms better or worse at particular times of day? How's your sleep?

What you're experiencing is "normal" only for withdrawal syndrome, which may have been averted with proper tapering.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I’ve taken adderall for about 8 years at 7 am every morning the Lamotragine was for my borderline personality disorder and adderall is for ADHD the doc seems to think a lot of my issues are from ADHD manic episodes like taking unnecessary risks n order to feel that moment of high like being overly flirtatious with a co worker with lose morals even tho I’m married episodes of talking extremely fast and I’ve noticed what seems like hiccups in my train of thought 

• Administrator

Was it your GP who made this fanciful diagnosis followed by the weird drug cocktail?

Do you also drink alcohol? If so, how often?

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

I have been getting extra aggravated over things that didn’t use to bother me lots of angry outbursts is this part of withdrawal ? 

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Chrisl1982 said:

I have been getting extra aggravated over things that didn’t use to bother me lots of angry outbursts is this part of withdrawal ? 

Absolutely it is. I was way more irritable coming off my medication. You came off way faster than me and that is known to cause challenges with fast tapers/cold turkeys. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

My first assessment are these normal withdrawal reactions of being totally off my meds for about a month and a half ? Will I get better 

0F2972F6-BB17-432F-83DC-64673620FE5F.jpeg

I need help I’ve noticed I am tired all the time like constant fatigue. And I feel like I have a head cold which is constant is this normal 

• Administrator

When did the fatigue start? What does it feel like? Is it worse at any time of day?

On 3/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, Altostrata said:

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Please post daily notes as requested. Those symptom lists don''t tell us much, we need to know WHEN symptoms occur.

Please do not drink any alcohol at all. This can throw your system off quite a bit for weeks.

Started about a week in while tapering been going on for over a month. No certain pattern I just feel run down all the time like my body is overly taxed it feels like I’m running on a hamster wheel yet way to tired to be doing that 

• Administrator

How's your sleep? Need to see those daily notes.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Chrisl1982: Withdrawal 101