Ngf77: Seeking advice

Ngf77

Hi ,

I'm writing this in hope I can find some support on my current situation.

I was subscribd mirtazapine for sleep issues related to anxiety, never kind of knew what triggered what .

I was subscribed sertaline at first but after only 3 days I had a bad reaction to it that sent my anxiety to places I could never imagined.

I started to take mirtazapine on the 15th Jan on a 15mg dose .

It did help sleep a bit like sleeping 5- 6 hours  but I was feeling very groggy, brain fog, sedated throughout the day.

Another visit to my GP and he advised to increase to 30mg which accordingly to him is less sedative.

After about 6 weeks on 30mg, I decided to start tampering down as the side effects were kind of hard and not helping with sleep much and I knew that I was much much better before I stated to take any medication.

It gets me to sleep but I wake up after 4,5, hours and this stage most times I was able to fall back to sleep for an hour or 2.

I dropped it to 22.5 for 3 days and had bad WD I increased to 26.25.

I put a post in here back then.

After 1 week on upping I felt ok for a couple of weeks and although never sleept as I would like I was sleeping enough and been full time working cycling to work and training .not as much but still doing what I can to keep active.

I'm wondering about my daily intake if it is not accurate and it's not helping my situation.

Basically I have 15mg tablets in half which makes 7.5 mg and break that half in half again using a pill cutter. So I take 1 tablet of 15mg and 3 quarters.

Untill last weekend I actually thought that this dose medication had stebalised and was feeling confident about this situation but For this last week my sleep  got worse again has my anxiety, I'm still ok to fall asleep but after wake I can't go back to sleep .. Anxiety is always much worse from the lack of proper sleep.

I'm hoping this is a little set back or I'm wondering if this would be because I cut the pills with a pill cutter and I try to make sure it's cut in right in the middle but most times I can't tell if it's cut right on the middle and affectivity I'm not taking 100 percent the same amount ??

My question is would slight different amount make difference?? Like one half be slightly smaller or larger I'm talking about like half of 1 tablet cut in half again.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain .

Also what would be the best way to know I'm taking the exact amount everytime?

I'm very concerned for my mental health and want to make sure I do everything I can to help my situation without making it worse that already is, which is pretty hard. 

Also my therapist said I could try promethazine to help with sleep as he said it's not addictive and it doesn't interact.

By know I take the medical advice with a pinch of salt as they advised wrong a few times already.

Would any one knows if promethazine interacts with mirtazapine.

I really don't want to had medication but trying to weight my options .

Apologies if this post is confusing and please please let me know your thoughts or any questions .

Many thanks and any information and advice would be much much appreciated.

IMG_20200411_142930.jpg

7th January bad reaction to sertaline only after 3 doses so stopped.

15th January 2020 started Mirtazapine 15mg

17th February 2020 started Mirtazapine 30mg 

12th March 2020 dropped to 22.50mg after 4/5 days Quicky increased to 26.25mg due to WD symptoms 

16th April tampered to 22.50mg

23th April tampered down to 18.5mg 

Current dose 18.5mg 

Propranolol 3 times daily of 20mg 

Magnesium 200mg daily 100mg after breakfast and 100 after lunch 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ngf77: Seeking advice