Benzodiazepine information page: risks and safer withdrawal info

GiaK

I've not cut and pasted the whole post as I would have to transfer the links individually and it's too time consuming...if you click through to the actual page on Beyond Meds this page has a long and fairly comprehensive list of links about benzodiazepine withdrawal as well as the risks of using them etc...

original Link: http://beyondmeds.com/2012/05/31/benzoinfo-2/

Benzodiazepine information page: risks and safer withdrawal info

As I’ve done with the recovery stories pages: here and here, I’m giving blanket permission that this post may be cut and pasted in full and shared on blogs or withdrawal boards, etc. This is a copy of the Benzo Info page that is always available under the Psych Drug Withdrawal tab at the top of the page at the drop down menu. I find it’s helpful for new readers to sometimes share these pages again on the homepage. If you wish to learn more about psychiatric drug withdrawal in general click on the Psych Drug Withdrawal tab above and look at the titles in the drop down menu for more extensive info that includes other classes of psych drugs as well.

I thought I would put a page together on benzo information and benzo withdrawal in particular since I have more collected info about this class of drug than the other 5 classes of psychotropic meds I’ve withdrawn from. Basically benzos and now antidepressant drugs are the two classes of drugs for which there is really quite a lot of info on the web regarding withdrawal. It’s still mostly anecdotal and not studied, but it’s been recognized much longer that there are severe problems with withdrawing from these two class of drugs so it’s easier to collect information regarding such.

So here is what has become a rather extensive collection of articles and stories that deal with just benzos. Please visit the Withdrawal 101 page for a larger picture of how to more safely withdraw from these drugs where lifestyle changes are talked about and several books are mentioned to help one support body/mind and spirit. Withdrawal 101 is a generic article to help one understand the risks and benefits of withdrawal of all classes of psych drugs. Much about withdrawal remains the same in each class of drug.

Benzodiazepines can be dangerous to withdraw. It’s important to understand the risks. Medical doctors, including psychiatrists, are often woefully misinformed. Please educate yourself before discontinuing the drugs whether or not you are under the care of a doctor. They often do not realize how ignorant they are and can unintentionally cause their patients great pain and harm. Unfortunately it is often essential to advocate for yourself and stay safe. Sometimes the best we can do is find a doctor who is willing to learn with us. I was blessed with such a prescriber while I came off my cocktail.

These are popular and helpful posts I’m highlighting at the beginning of this resource page: (for the rest of the commentary and TONS of links go here: Benzodiazepine information page: risks and safer withdrawal info --- http://beyondmeds.com/2012/05/31/benzoinfo-2/

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy