Sunrise: On Lyrica (Pregabalin) for pain

Sunrise

On february 2nd I was given 25 mg of Lyrica (evening) for head pain.

On february 12th I am expected to bring that dose up to 50 mg (evening).

Then, on february 27th dose will go up to 75 mg (25mg morning/50mg evening). Since my immune system is sensitive, my doctor decided to start from a low dose.

I am aware of the dangers once I decided to get off Lyrica. So, I am here looking to establish support and learn more about tapering.

I didn’t want to go on this medication, but since I am suffering from yet undiagnosed autoimmune disease, I am desperate to try. Yet, if it doesn’t work I want to get off of it safely.

I was wondering if anybody else here was given this medication for head pain? And how did you tolerate Lyrica?

Thank you.

693BFAA3-1215-45A8-8BC2-18BF34C19DFD.jpeg

Edited by manymoretodays
name to title

• Nov.19th 2019–April 20th 2020 Amitriptyline 25 mg

(went from 25 mg to 10 mg, took 10 mg for 2 weeks then stopped; prescribed for pain; didn’t feel withdrawal)

• Feb. 2nd 2021 Lyrica 25mg

Suffuring from trigeminal nerv inflammation caused by undiagnosed autoimmune disease.

• manymoretodays changed the title to Sunrise: On Lyrica (Pregabalin) for pain
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Sunrise

How are you feeling on 25mg? If I were you, I'd give it at least a couple of weeks to see if it has any benefit before considering increasing it.

Yes, if you take Lyrica daily long-term, you will need to taper it. FYI here are Tips for tapering off Lyrica (pregabalin)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you @Altostrata

I feel like 25 mg might be doing something so far. Overall pain in the spine and left leg, as well as nausea are reduced to some degree; not so much around my eye which seems to be the main source of pain.

Since started Lyrica, pain in my head did NOT improve. Pain feels like an  attack, because it is intolerable and lasts long.

I will wait a little longer on 25 mg and see if it gets better. 

When time to increase my dose comes, I was wondering if jumping to 50 mg would be wise? My capsules contain powder. It would’ve been so much easier if I had pills to cut in half.

I am working with my doctors but sometimes I feel that they are making some decisions blindfolded. Hence, I want to be informed about this medication too, and go slow.

(went from 25 mg to 10 mg, took 10 mg for 2 weeks then stopped; prescribed for pain; didn’t feel withdrawal)

Suffuring from trigeminal nerv inflammation caused by undiagnosed autoimmune disease.

• Administrator

Sorry, as this is a site for going off drugs, we can't really advise you about taking Lyrica for head pain. Please confer with your doctor.

Let us know when you would like tapering support.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata 

I understand. Thank you for the information. When time comes for tapering I will come back for advice.