Maggarcj, introduction: where I started and where I’m at. - also asking for help!!!

Maggarcj

Hello, I’m new to this and I hope I’m doing this correctly. 

10 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Panic Attacks. I was put on 200mg of Zoloft and 1mg 2x daily of Klonopin. 

I continued this regiment did 10 years. At some point I went to 1mg of Klonopin at night, then .5mg and then eventually .2mg before discontinuing. 

I decided it was time to get off my Zoloft also.

I hadn’t had a panic attack in about 5 years and anxiety didn’t really bother me anymore.

my physicians agreed, and supported my discontinuation. 

I reduced by 25mg after few weeks or so until I was completely off around late November - early December. 

I had no anxiety, depression, or even brain zaps. But I was perpetually dizzy. All day, everyday for 30 days before it went away. 

But then that’s when things have started to change. I feel like my GAD is fully back. I’m waking up with anxiety and have it most the day. 

I take .5mg of Klonopin when it becomes to much. My anxiety is like a program running in the back ground. Even though I do Therapy, CBT, Meditation, Journaling, Prayer. 

My anxiety seems to have a mind of its own. Like it’s going non stop in my subconscious....I do become aware of the things my anxiety fixates on, I practically understand it, I deal with it, but I have a physiological response that I can’t prevent. 

I mean I felt amazing as I was coming off the Zoloft (aside from the dizzyness). I had no anxiety, no depression, I felt so alive and well. 

And now I feel myself wishing to feel that wellness again. But day in and day out it’s anxiety that’s goes against my better judgment, reason, and coping skills. 

Something seems off and I don’t know am I relapsing? Is my body adjusting? I don’t know what to expect. I can’t find the resources, and I’m hoping this community is the God send I’m looking for. 

Please Share  

Edited by Maggarcj
TMI - thought parts could be a distraction of topic.

2010 -2020: Klonopin
2010 - 2020: Zoloft 
2019 - 2020: Klonopin slow taper to discontinued.
2020: Zoloft, Aug. slow taper by 25mg discontinued Nov.
2021: Klonopin, Feb. .5mg as needed. 

• Administrator

Welcome, @Maggarcj

On 2/7/2021 at 8:46 PM, Maggarcj said:

I mean I felt amazing as I was coming off the Zoloft (aside from the dizzyness). I had no anxiety, no depression, I felt so alive and well. 

Hmmm, how amazing did you feel? Did you have an unusual amount of energy? How was your sleep? How long did this period last?

On 2/7/2021 at 8:46 PM, Maggarcj said:

I’m waking up with anxiety and have it most the day.

What time do you wake up? What does this morning anxiety feel like?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.