87to2015 St Johns Wort

87to2015

Experienced some fairly severe withdrawal from St Johns Wort after about 4 years of regular use.

Since everyone's experiences are highly subjective and I rarely read about age influencing withdrawal severity I will postulate a guess: A person's age and previous psychoactive drug exposure can make a huge difference in how severe withdrawal affects can be. In my experience it is much worse, there's much less in the tank so to speak. There might be a parallel to physical injuries. 

• Altostrata changed the title to 87to2015 St Johns Wort
  • Administrator

Welcome, @87to2015

19 hours ago, 87to2015 said:

Since everyone's experiences are highly subjective and I rarely read about age influencing withdrawal severity I will postulate a guess: A person's age and previous psychoactive drug exposure can make a huge difference in how severe withdrawal affects can be. In my experience it is much worse, there's much less in the tank so to speak. There might be a parallel to physical injuries. 

My guess is the same as your guess.

We have a few people who have gone off St. Johns Wort and gotten withdrawal. What are your withdrawal symptoms?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.