Tuncolo: depersonalizatıon, facial and head numbness

Tuncolo

Hi friends.After I lost one of my close relatives, ı started having death anxiety when I was 21 years old. I lived under exremly anxiety for 1 year. At this time ı did not use any medical or other drug, and ı dıd not have any therapy. I felt calm and okey after one year, but 3 years later  after ı experienced  a huge earthquake in my country, I started having unbearable spasms in my abdominal area and severe anxiety. At this time I met with antidepresssant world, and started using  10 mg a day an old antidepressant which is anafranil. I started feeling okey and calm. I used this SSRI for 8 years.when I was  35 I got married, and moved to another country, and quit using SSRI.İn that new country I started having spasms and anxietd again which was more severe than before. And a year later I started using Celexa 20 mg a day.I felt calm and okey again.After 4 years later I quit using SSRI again, and I moved to our country with my wife and our newborn baby. I started having severe anxiety again.And I went to some psychciatrists, but this time antidepressants did not work. They made me worse.I quit using them, and started using CBD and THC.I used them a year.First it was okey, but then they made me worse too.I am not using anything for 2 years, and waiting for recovery my body and my brain.But still ı am having severe spasms and anxiety, and also ı feel like ı am living out of reality.Having deporsanalization and derealization.I am in a keto diet.I try to go to work every day, and do my job.But there is also irritability, and there is no emotion.I feel like ı dont have a face, and a head. I dont know what should ı do, I should keep not using anything, or ı should reinsitate. What do you suggest friends*

• ChessieCat changed the title to Tuncolo: depersonalizatıon, facial and head numbness
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry that you are having these symptoms.  

Can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on?  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  If you don't remember specific dates, please give the month and the year, if you remember. 

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

It sounds like the drugs worked well for you for a time, and now no longer work.  Here is a link which talks about that: 

Reaching Tolerance

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

It sounds like you've been through some pretty traumatic events in you life like experiencing the earthquake.  I'm sorry for the loss of your close relative.  Have you considered going to a therapist to help you heal from trauma?  There are non drug ways that therapists can use to help people to overcome trauma.  I hope you have resources for this in Turkey.  If not, many therapists will do online counseling.  Possibly your symptoms could be caused by unhealed trauma stored in your mind.  There are also free online resources for help with trauma.  

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Thank you for response.It is very helpful.My durug history is,

Anafranil-started İn 2003 and quit in 2010. 10 mg a day

Celexa- Started in 2011 and quit in 2014 -20 mg a day

Effexor- Started in 2016 and guit in 2017 - 40 mg a day

Have a nice day...

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for giving us your drug information.  However, can you please put it in your signature?  That way it will be included in all your posts, and any of us mods can help you more easily.  These instructions are for if you are using a desktop or laptop computer with a mouse. You can copy the information in the post above selecting all the information (right click mouse and hold at top left of paragraph, bring mouse to bottom right, then release mouse).  Then, click control C. Please click on your name in the upper right corner, click on account settings, then click on signature in the left column.  Click in the box, then do control V on your keyboard.  Did you taper off the meds or go off all in one day?  Please specify.  Thank you. 

if it were me I would not reinstate. I say this based on the fact that you said the last time you tried antidepressants and THC and CBD it did not work, and it made you worse.

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly