Manu1982 Taking clozapine for one year

Manu1982

Hello everyone. It's a blessing that i found this website.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and had been taking homeopathic medicine for last ten years

But i had a episode last year due to which doctor prescribed clozapine.

I started on 50 mg and am currently taking 38 mg per day.

I want to stop clozapine. Has anyone had any experience with clozapine.

I saw someone mention that paxil is a tough drug to stop. Is clozapine also a tough drug to stop.

I tried stopping it by not taking it for one night. It was like my mind was shrinking like some current going through. I could not sleep.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

• Administrator

Welcome, @Manu1982

Paxil and clozapine are not related drugs. Any psychiatric drug can be difficult to go off.

Please do not skip taking your dose. How are you taking 38mg per day, are you using a liquid?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Manu1982 Taking clozapine for one year
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

@Manu1982, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.