Introduce myself: Seth

Seth

Hi from Canada. I have been forced to take different types of neuroleptics (antipsychotics) for the past 9 years. I found this site from the madinamerica forum. I have spent a total of over 2 years in psychiatric facilities, and much of the last 9 years forced to be on these horrible drugs.

I am relentless to wanting off the drugs, because I know what they can do to a person (neuroleptics). They cause a lack of happiness in your life, which is always recoverable but you need to stop taking them and spend some time out of hospital (usually 8.5 months) because hospitals have a lack of oxygen (the windows usually don't open, and were not made to). I have got off different kinds of drugs many times, and had much success with regaining my happiness.

I am currently on 300mg (equivalent to 10mg oral) injection of abilify mantaina. I was released from the hospital over a month ago after going off the drugs without permission.

I do hope to find people here who have similar values in this area, IE: hopes to start a movement against psychiatry, worthiness of rebelling against psychiatry, seeking ways off the drugs, and hopes for a brighter future in our lives, no forced treatment, and our rights to happiness.

All I want is my happiness back, I know it's there to be found. All that's needed is some patience and a lack of these drugs. It's hard to be patient. I almost want to run away even though I would have (now) 2 warrants for my arrest because I'm working with a mental health diversion law program to get charges dropped (assault against a peace officer who was pushing me face first toward a mat, to inject me with drugs... thought he was going to suffocate me and was terrified).

• Administrator

Welcome, @Seth

Your Abilify injection will gradually wear off; in a way, this is tapering. Is it supposed to be good for a month? 

You'll have to carefully listen to your body while this is happening, so you can manage your behavior and not go back to the hospital.

You also need an advocate to help you with your legal problems. You may wish to contact the Hearing Voices Network in Canada 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm coming off abilify injections also, I thought I was recovered and back to my previous self but I now realise I'm not as I still have fatigue, anhedonia and some depression. It must have been a window when I thought it was all over. Hopefully I just have to wait longer before I return to my former self, I don't want to stay like this forever. I get up in the morning and I'm not interested in doing anything and I don't have the motivation or energy. Previously I would get up and enjoy the day, being very physically active and life was fullfilling. It's been 6 months since the last injection now I have to accept it may take a year before I'm back to my life how it was before antipsychotic injections, I hope I won't stay like this forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

hope you all doing good, I am in the same place as you’re I quit AP as well it will 10 months by next week. 

things will get better for sure, I am still not feeling well so far rather than windows for a few hours each month and am hoping things will change for good very soon.

just don’t loose faith in yourself and try to stay calm as much as you can and I learnt from my journey patience is key to success and don’t  rush and stress yourself over and over again as I do remind my self every time when I feel myself at the rock bottom this is withdrawals not me !

take care of yourselves and stay safe.

thanks,

- 2013-2014 zoloft 100 mg  xanax 1 mg

- 2015 prozac 40mg/ Xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5

- 2016  brintellix 20mg /Pristiq 50mg / xanax 1 mg

- 2017  Cymbalta / xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- 2018 cibralex 10mg/ lexotanil 1.5/ 

- 2019 Effexor 150mg / lexotanil 1.5 

- December 2019  Concerta 36 mg/ zyban 300 mg/ lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg / quit on June 2020

- July 2020  Invega Sustenna XR 100 mg shot / lexotanil 1.5 mg  / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- October 2020 reduced the dose to 75 mg shot and Quit

i am still on lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg