cat1off: cat1off is lost, confused on how to proceed.

cat1off

I have spent hours looking through all of the information here. The more I read, the more confused I become. So I have decided to ask for help. I have been on different medications since 2008 for pain, depression, anxiety, bi-polar. My life over those years until now have been a roller coaster. Lost jobs, loss of friends, divorce. blah blah blah. I've become pretty much a dead soul with a brain that seems to be disintegrating. I don't care much about anything except family. I just stay at home and sleep- 15 hours, 16, 18 hours a day. I had no feelings. Just cold and empty.

I decided in the beginning of this year that I needed to change my life, because I wasn't doing anything but surviving on a day to day bdo I asis; what the hell. Nothing to lose. So I decided to quit cymbalta and lamotrigine, cold turkey. My thought was that I could suffer-tough it out-for a few days, maybe weeks. I mean, I can do whatever I tell myself. You know, mind over matter. Well, since starting this disaster on February 22, this year, the days have become a blur. The feelings, emotions and physical pain that I thought were gone, are back and intense. Apparently, I am alive after all. So much so that I need to do something about starting cymbalta and/or lamotrigine again. But how? There is soooo much information that it is frustrating, confusing, causing me to become angry and even rageful. I've been screaming, swearing, scratching my skin ferociously, punching myself. I'm unable to focus, think logically. I can't decide whether life was better with no feelings and emotions while on the meds. Or now, which is the complete opposite being overwhelmed with feelings and emotions.

From what I have read-and I have read a lot, I think that I need to start taking cymbalta and/or lamotrigine again. This leads me to my question/problem:

1. Do I reinstate both at the same time? 

Edited by manymoretodays
name to title, tags

Duloxetine: 60mg daily since 2012. May 20, 2021 dropped to 30mg. May 26 stopped duloxetine.

Lamotrigine: 200mg daily since 2010. February 22, 2021 dropped to 100mg. April 9, 2021 stopped lamotrigine.

As of June 23, 2021: not on any medications or supplements.

• manymoretodays changed the title to cat1off: cat1off is lost, confused on how to proceed.

Anyone? I probably offended people by using cat1off as my username. Relax, I was in the Navy and it is a term used on aircraft carriers. Cat is short for catapult. Here is what I am thinking:

1.  Reinstate duloxetine only at 10 beads OR

2. Reinstate lamotrigine only at 25mg OR

3. Reinstate both at the same time.

4. Last option is to just give up, throw in the towel. One less person in this nasty world wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Duloxetine: 60mg daily since 2012. May 20, 2021 dropped to 30mg. May 26 stopped duloxetine.

Lamotrigine: 200mg daily since 2010. February 22, 2021 dropped to 100mg. April 9, 2021 stopped lamotrigine.

As of June 23, 2021: not on any medications or supplements.

• Administrator

Welcome, @cat1off

The staff is all volunteer, it can take some time before we can work through the queue of new topics.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, cat1off said:

Well, since starting this disaster on February 22, this year, the days have become a blur. The feelings, emotions and physical pain that I thought were gone, are back and intense.

What was your symptom pattern after you quit the drugs? How has it changed in the last 2 weeks?

Did you have any odd symptoms after you reduced either duloxetine or lamotrigine?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.