Anafranil withdrawal

Determined002

Hi all and thank you for your continuous help to people who were feeling lonely during antidepressants withdrawal. 

So I have been on Anafranil doses 10 to 75 the highest since I was 26 for around 17 years in total. 

Had it for 9 years then quit for 16 months, In 2011 , I was not aware about withdrawal that time .I remember I was having bad mood, anger, during that time. 

Then In 2012 I had big stress and started having panic attacks, severe anxiety and depression.  Went to psychiatrist who prescribed me Anafranil 75 Sr and after few weeks , I felt much better.

In November 2019 I had divorced which caused me lots of stress and depression but I was still functional and  having normal relationships and doing my job.

In December 2019 started tapering Till May 2020 when was my last dose. 

Since then I'm having anhedonia, lack of feelings, emotional and physical numbness. 

Even when I date a girl I don't feel anything , and no libido or erections. 

I don't remember I was feeling that way while being on meds. 

So my question how can I be sure this is withdrawal and not my depression coming back ?

It has been 14 months drug free, i felt improvement with few symptoms but the anhedonia and sexual dysfunction are most annoying. 

Is the sexual dysfunction part of the anhedonia?

I want to stay away from antidepressants but what if I'm in depression and thinking it's just withdrawal?

I try to eat healthy, exercise.. 

Would therapy be helpful in my case?

The fact that I can't enjoy Anything is so annoying. 

Is my divorce making withdrawal worse for me?

Is there anyone who was on Anafranil long term and  and can share his experience,?

When i feel so tired about the process,  I feel i want to go back To Anafranil at least to have my feelings back and taper again. 

Hope I can find some answers .

Thank you again for the group members. 

January 2002 to January 2003 Anafranil 10 to 25 mg / Lysanxia 10 mg
January 2002 to January 2011 Anafranil 10 to 25 mg , mostly 10 mg.
Tapered over few months end 2010
January 2011 to June 2012 Drug free.
June 2012 relapse
July 2012 to December 2019 Anafranil 75mg SR
July 2013 to December 2019 Anafranil 37.5 mg
December 2019 to May 2020 tapered over 6 months
drug free since May 2020
Tried many supplements for brief time

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy