What steps can you take to ensure an upward spiral in your life?

Butternubs

I've been thinking about this question for a while now, since it popped into my head a ten days ago.

We often think of spirals as negative patterns, like someone "circling the drain" or going downhill.

But what if the same patterns could be reversed?

Here are the answers I've found so far.

Create good habits.

Expose yourself to new, healthy things. (Push your boundaries at least once a day, or once every other day.)

Grow a larger circle of positive friends.

Find social support in friends and family, or even online.

"Level Up" by conquering the past and making more of the present. This will also buoy the future! "Today is tomorrow's yesterday."

Cultivate virtue and self-compassion. (I think this is the most important one.)

And, of course,

Cut out the things that are dragging you down. With less sandbags, the hot air balloon will fly higher.

I can elaborate on how I'm performing (or trying to perform!) any of these steps, if anyone wants to know.

I hope this helps someone! Please add your ideas! We can make this a collaboration! 

dragon balloon.png

2012: Risperdal and Citalopram

2013: Abilify (pills)

2013-2018 (I tried too many things to recall, including geodon, olanzapine, saphris, seroquel, lexapro, rexulti, imipramine, amitriptyline, trazodone, ativan, klonopin, metoprolol, doxepin, haldol, lithium, lamictal, remeron, and the worst of them all, cymbalta.)

20??: I forgot about this but I had 12 sessions of ECT which erased a significant part of my memory.

2018-Present: Propranolol 40mg, Abilify Maintena 400 (monthly injection)

More recently: Quit imipramine 25mg after taking it for three and a half to four years. Worked great until it didn't.

Supplements: Magnesium Glycinate 300mg a day and citicoline 250-500mg as needed (helps with my minor TD symptoms).

2022: Was on nortriptyline. Had a weird reaction while still taking it, and got very depressed. Quit it and the depression evaporated. Now I feel VERY different. I'm still on the monthly Abilify Maintena 400 and Propranolol 40mg daily.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy