Seeking Reassurance and Questions

DebM

1). The literature on antidepressants is daunting. I can only read or watch information in manageable segments. It is almost always on my mind. My worst fear thoughts in low moments, after several decades “can I get off?” What positive experiences or feedback, tips, does anyone have to grow BIG hope and stay inspired. I'm scared reading so much and I am seeking hope. Moments of hope. Windows of hope. I found some in the recovery stories... What do any of you do to build hope. Can we as a community share, or ???   I  talk to myself and pray for a miracle, (I am strong, I am resilient, I am healthy, I am healed) take baths, I try to laugh, I try to walk, I take cold showers to build endorphins. Today I am sad. I tell myself it is variable. The feeling will come and go. 

2). I am so angry at the evidence that has been present for 30 years. Is there any group that is pursuing a class action suit against pharmaceutical companies? I know there was a suit over oxycodone I believe? I know it is unhealthy to hang onto anger, but I am at times angry. I want to blow the lies wide open . . . I already tell everyone I can as it is.

3). I am very grateful for feedback not to updose to my 5mg!!!  Thank you Kiasofia and CheesieCat!!  I feel sedated on only going up to 4mg. Lexapro is crazy! All I think of is the next time I can titrate down as my brain and body do not feel normal. In August I felt good and I was so close to being off. I just want my brain back, the tinnitus to stop. Sedated feeling to go. I have to FIGHT to do most things. I  talk to myself and pray for a miracle, I take baths, I try to laugh, I try to walk, I take cold showers to build endorphins. What would you define as stable? I always feel unwell currently from significant side-effects this time. Pain is somewhat variable and subjective. Tuesday I was worried about withdrawal. Now I am feeling zonked. I am grateful to feel better but so confused with the instability of feeling stable physically? I feel like I’m a science experiment. I am struggling today and I’m just trying to put together hope and a map.

May we all heal. May we all be well. May we all be at peace. I guess I will add may we all believe we will heal.

Deb

DebM

20 years Pamelor 20mg

2017 began titration / 2019 off Pamelor

2017 due to discontinuation syndrome (DS) prior to taper -Lexapro 5mg added

2019 Began titration Lexapro

2021 Lexapro .7mg DS 

2021 Lexapro 10/5/21 5mg 

2021 Remeron 15mg 10/11/21 added due to severe DS

2021 Lexapro 11/15/21 taper started-4mg Lexapro; 15 mg Remeron

2021 Lexapro 11/15/21 taper error and 3.6mg; 15mg Remeron

2021 Lexapro 11/29/21 4mg Lexapro; 15mg Remeron 

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you ChessieCat! I have to take it one day at a time. A bit less anxious.

DebM

20 years Pamelor 20mg

2017 began titration / 2019 off Pamelor

2017 due to discontinuation syndrome (DS) prior to taper -Lexapro 5mg added

2019 Began titration Lexapro

2021 Lexapro .7mg DS 

2021 Lexapro 10/5/21 5mg 

2021 Remeron 15mg 10/11/21 added due to severe DS

2021 Lexapro 11/15/21 taper started-4mg Lexapro; 15 mg Remeron

2021 Lexapro 11/15/21 taper error and 3.6mg; 15mg Remeron

2021 Lexapro 11/29/21 4mg Lexapro; 15mg Remeron 

• Moderator Emeritus

There are some real gems in that topic.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy