EasyThereCowboy: Documenting my Story

EasyThereCowboy

20 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What makes you think you have mirtazapine withdrawal and not Effexor withdrawal? It's more likely the later, since taking Zoloft seems to have resolved it.

I'd tapered the mirtazapine from 30mg to 15mg, and then 6 days later had severe withdrawal-like symptoms. This timeline fits the ~40 hour half-life of mirtazapine pretty well. Granted, I've learned that when someone makes several changes at once (like I did) it makes it impossible to know for sure.

Mirtazapine-free since Nov. 2, 2022.

• Administrator

Venlafaxine 187.5mg July 2021 - November 29, 2021 -tapered from 187.5 to 37.5mg (then zero) over the course of a month.

You went off venlafaxine AT THE SAME TIME.

At any rate, since you sort of randomly started taking sertraline again, it seems you might need time to stabilize for some months before deciding next steps.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

At any rate, since you sort of randomly started taking sertraline again, it seems you might need time to stabilize for some months before deciding next steps.

I agree that stabilization is the first priority. Thank you.

January 11, 2022

• 6:00 AM - Wake up; the mornings still suck, but I'm getting more sleep.
  • 7:00 AM - took 150mg sertraline
  • 2:15 PM - just had my first big surge of adrenaline/cortisol. I can feel it burning in my chest and abdomen as it flows downward. Very weird. What I've learned is that I need to live with them, to let them just flow as I relax and breathe.
  • 4:00 PM - feeling a bit of despair. Not overwhelming, though.
  • 6:04 PM - more wave than window at the moment.
  • 8:00 PM - took 15mg mirtazapine
  • 8:20 PM - took 3mg melatonin
  • 9:00 PM - fall asleep

If it helps at all for clarification, my very last dose of venlafaxine was November 29th. I didn't start tapering the mirtazapine until December 21st. The 27th is when the really bad stuff started to happen.

• Administrator

You may continue to get waves of symptoms as you stabilize on sertraline. See The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.