Cr95us: Advice on WD

Cr95us

Hello,

In October of 2021 I stopped taking my 10 mg of Lexapro since I was feeling pretty good and didn’t think I needed it after four years. My first month off was not terrible, honestly, but about a month in, I started having digestive issues like bloating and gerd symptoms. Now for the past two months I have had very bad depression and anxiety, thoughts of suicide, along with physical symptoms like shortness of breath, rapid heart beating. I am wondering if reinstatement might be a good option for me. I know it’s different for everyone and I will talk to a psychiatrist soon. My goal is to be medication free but I am really struggling as to whether my issues are withdrawal related and it is impossible for me to just tough it out for very much longer.

Nov. 2017-Oct. 2021- 10 mg of Lexapro 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Cr95us: Advice on WD

Advice on Lexapro withdrawal

Hello,

In October of 2021 I stopped taking my 5 mg of Lexapro since I was feeling pretty good and didn’t think I needed it after having taken 10 mg four years. (Tapered by taking 5 for one month in August and then 5 every other day in September) My first month off was not terrible, honestly, but about a month in, I started having digestive issues like bloating and gerd symptoms. Now for the past two months I have had very bad depression and anxiety, thoughts of suicide, along with physical symptoms like shortness of breath, rapid heart beating. I am wondering if reinstatement might be a good option for me. I know it’s different for everyone and I will talk to a psychiatrist soon. My goal is to be medication free but I am really struggling as to whether my issues are withdrawal related and it is impossible for me to just tough it out for very much longer.

Nov. 2017-Oct. 2021- 10 mg of Lexapro 

Edited by ChessieCat
added intro topic title before merging with intro topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Cr95us How are you doing now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello! Much better actually. No depression really for two weeks. I chose not to reinstate as I definitely have been seeing an improvement. The main issue I am having at the moment seems to be LPR symptoms, like burping, lump in the throat, mucus in the throat. I’m going a little crazy Googling everything— I’m hoping these symptoms are just part of my stomach healing and will pass! 

• Administrator

Good to hear. To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.