2Corinthians1: Trying to get off Gabapentin and Clomipramine

2Corinthians1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the tips. 

I still have not began my taper off of Clomipramine. I think a big part of me is scared to even start. I have a very paralyzing fear of developing akathisia. I experienced it before and now I'm terrified I will deal with it again. I've been on antidepressants for about 13 years total. I would like to be drug free, but I just get really afraid thinking that withdrawal will be unbearable. I just got married a few months ago and I need to keep my job, so that I can help support my wife. 

My Intro topic

Been on Antidepressants for close to 10 years. 

Currently: (December 2022)

Clomipramine: 50 MG

***Stopped Gabapentin on May 25, 2022 after a total of 6/1/2 Months on.

**Tried to CT Gabapentin in December 2021. Highest does taken was 600mg. Reinstated at 200 MG 11 days after CT. This was on 1/5/22. 

1/5 went back on 200mg - Started feeling better, 1/20 went to 100mg, 1/26 started feeling some withdrawals kick in- a bit dizzy/off throughout the day.

1/26 went up to 150mg, 1/27 went up to 190mg, 1/28 to 2/1 - 200 mg, 2/3 - Took 200 MG - Stabilized there for a month. 

• Administrator

You don't have to taper. When you feel more confident, you may wish to consider it again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

I'm over 17 months off of Gabapentin. Last week, I started to have some pretty intense waves of akathisia. 

I don't really feel this huge urge to move a lot, but I feel a lot of tension in my body that is very uncomfortable. 

Do y'all think this is most likely caused by Gabapentin withdrawal? 

I am still taking 50 mg's of Clomipramine a day. I haven't even started my taper off of that yet. 

The akathisia wouldn't be being caused by the clomipramine would it? 

My Intro topic

Been on Antidepressants for close to 10 years. 

Currently: (December 2022)

Clomipramine: 50 MG

***Stopped Gabapentin on May 25, 2022 after a total of 6/1/2 Months on.

**Tried to CT Gabapentin in December 2021. Highest does taken was 600mg. Reinstated at 200 MG 11 days after CT. This was on 1/5/22. 

1/5 went back on 200mg - Started feeling better, 1/20 went to 100mg, 1/26 started feeling some withdrawals kick in- a bit dizzy/off throughout the day.

1/26 went up to 150mg, 1/27 went up to 190mg, 1/28 to 2/1 - 200 mg, 2/3 - Took 200 MG - Stabilized there for a month. 

• Administrator

Please explain more what this sensation feels like. How often does it happen? How long does it last? Does it occur at about the same time each day?

Have you skipped any doses of clomipramine or taken it off-schedule, drunk alcohol or taken any other drugs?

On 9/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, 2Corinthians1 said:

I have a very paralyzing fear of developing akathisia.

Did you have health anxiety prior to going on psychiatric drugs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.