Tapering off Celexa - summer

summer

I  can't remb all the specific details but I got off Celexa and started taking Prozac.  I think it was bc I thought Prozac would be easier to taper.  I did taper off the Prozac but after several months of feeling depressed I decided to start Wellbutrin.  The Wellbutrin was because it was supposed to not contribute to weight gain, which has been true in my case.  As I mentioned above, Wellbutrin has had the least side effects of any AD I've taken.  In fact, I can't think of one side effect... even my tinnitis (sp?) has just about disappeared. 

Charter Member 2011

• 6 months later...

Still on the Wellbutrin and .5 xanax at night time.  The only side effect I'm aware of is tinnitis... but that started way before the Wellbutrin. 

I'm still waking 5 mornings out of 7 with a tension headache which goes down my neck and is sometimes so painful I can't move my neck.  Have tried many things but nothing has helped.  I thought the headaches were migraines but they aren't.  If anyone has suggestions and/or has found something that worked for them, I'd very much like to hear about it.  BTW, having sleep apnea and using the mask every nite hasn't helped (they said it would).

When I don't have a headache things are good.  I'm getting out and about more, feel more positive, etc.

It was helpful to be able to go back to 2011 and see where I was then.  I guess that's what a journal is all about.

Charter Member 2011

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Summer, do you take anything before bed? Tylenol/paracetamol? They cause rebound headaches.

My first thought was that your pillow might be your problem. I started to sleep with one pillow instead of 2 

and my neck pain and headaches were much better, I am still searching for the perfect pillow though, it 

is much better with one but it is not the perfect one for me. I have heaps of pillows stuffed in cupboards! 

I'm glad that you are feeling better and getting out more, that is brilliant!

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi MammaP... I too have lots of pillows in various places in my house... lol.  I do know about rebound headaches.  I've had headaches (tho not neck issues) since I was a teenager.  I'm almost certain I know as much as most doctors.  I've wondered if the neck problem is due to arthritis... and if it is... not much can be done about it anyway.  Just remembered that I didn't add Trazodone 50mg (taken nightly) to my signature.

I came upon your reply by chance.  What do I check so that I am aware of replies?  This site was much easier to get around in 2011... at least for us non-techies.  TY  

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

Summer, click on the big gray Follow This Topic button at the top of this topic. Set up your notifications for e-mail when you get new replies.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.