mrsg1104: 10 mg Fluoxetine 18 days

mrsg1104

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but so glad I found it. I started having what I thought were hot flashes/panic attacks at the end of February 2022. So off to the Dr I went. She put me on 150 mg of WELLBUTRIN. The first day I started, I had a complete meltdown. My body could not calm down. It's like all my senses were off. She had to put me on a low dose Xanax just to calm me down. I then went on to see a psychiatrist a week later. She started me on 25 mg of Zoloft and after the 4th day I had to stop. I had pretty much every side effect listed. She then switched me over to Fluoxetine 10 mg. I lasted around 18 days. The psychiatrist basically gaslit me, saying my symptoms weren't from the drug. My anxiety was through the roof, I had tinnitus/clicky ear, nasal issues like I couldn't breathe through my nose, insomnia, crazy tics in my face/neck, sexual dysfunction, internal tremors, hand tremors, hot flashes, bowel issues, dry mouth, severe nausea, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, no appetite (I lost 12 pounds!!) one pupil bigger than the other. I'm sure I'm missing a few side effects as there were so many. I finally got a second opinion and a second psychiatrist told me to stop the meds immediately because I was having such a bad reaction. The last day I took Fluoxetine was on April 8, 2022. I am still dealing with side effects. I am getting a little better, but the random head tics are still there, internal termors/shakiness, bowel issues, random nausea/fatigue, nasal issues (like I can't breathe through my nose even though I'm using a nasal spray/neti pot. I know it sounds like I'm crazy!), clicky ear, high heart rate and major anxiety. I also got oral thrush from my mouth being so dry and my body being so stressed that I'm on meds for that now! I'm pretty depressed from this whole experience with antidepressants which I wasn't even depressed before. I'm wondering if all this sounds normal? I posted on reddit and everyone on there makes me feel like I'm crazy for still experiencing side effects even though I was on it for such a short time. I am now working with a naturopathic dr who is testing my hormones and were going from there. She said my body just needs time to go back to baseline. It's been almost a month and I'm worried I will forever be stuck like this. Is my nervous system okay? Thanks for any advice!

wellbutrin: 150mg, 1 day

zoloft: 25mg, 4 days

fluoxetine: 10mg, 18 days

stopped fluoxetine on April 8, 2022

• ChessieCat changed the title to mrsg1104: 10 mg Fluoxetine 18 days
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, mrsg1104.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Please set up a signature, including how long you were on Xanax. For information on how to set up a signature please see:

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

I can assure you, you are not crazy. Adverse reactions to these drugs are real and have been documented for decades. And so is withdrawal. It looks like you were taking these drugs from February into April, which is long enough to become dependent. You were on different antidepressants and at least one benzo, so it's hard to say if you're dealing solely with adverse reactions or if some dependency did set in.

It sounds like you're off all psychiatric drugs, is this correct? Are you currently taking any supplements? If so, please also add them to your signature with the name and the dose.

Please continue to use this thread to post questions and let us know how you're doing. Once you set up a signature with a timeline of your psychiatric drug history, we can give you more information.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2022 at 2:47 PM, mrsg1104 said:

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but so glad I found it. I started having what I thought were hot flashes/panic attacks at the end of February 2022. So off to the Dr I went. She put me on 150 mg of WELLBUTRIN. The first day I started, I had a complete meltdown. My body could not calm down. It's like all my senses were off. She had to put me on a low dose Xanax just to calm me down. I then went on to see a psychiatrist a week later. She started me on 25 mg of Zoloft and after the 4th day I had to stop. I had pretty much every side effect listed. She then switched me over to Fluoxetine 10 mg. I lasted around 18 days. The psychiatrist basically gaslit me, saying my symptoms weren't from the drug. My anxiety was through the roof, I had tinnitus/clicky ear, nasal issues like I couldn't breathe through my nose, insomnia, crazy tics in my face/neck, sexual dysfunction, internal tremors, hand tremors, hot flashes, bowel issues, dry mouth, severe nausea, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, no appetite (I lost 12 pounds!!) one pupil bigger than the other. I'm sure I'm missing a few side effects as there were so many. I finally got a second opinion and a second psychiatrist told me to stop the meds immediately because I was having such a bad reaction. The last day I took Fluoxetine was on April 8, 2022. I am still dealing with side effects. I am getting a little better, but the random head tics are still there, internal termors/shakiness, bowel issues, random nausea/fatigue, nasal issues (like I can't breathe through my nose even though I'm using a nasal spray/neti pot. I know it sounds like I'm crazy!), clicky ear, high heart rate and major anxiety. I also got oral thrush from my mouth being so dry and my body being so stressed that I'm on meds for that now! I'm pretty depressed from this whole experience with antidepressants which I wasn't even depressed before. I'm wondering if all this sounds normal? I posted on reddit and everyone on there makes me feel like I'm crazy for still experiencing side effects even though I was on it for such a short time. I am now working with a naturopathic dr who is testing my hormones and were going from there. She said my body just needs time to go back to baseline. It's been almost a month and I'm worried I will forever be stuck like this. Is my nervous system okay? Thanks for any advice!

wellbutrin: 150mg, 1 day

zoloft: 25mg, 4 days

fluoxetine: 10mg, 18 days

stopped fluoxetine on April 8, 2022

Hello I would like to share my experience with you I been dealing with anxiety and panic Attacks since I was 18 now I’m 31 ,,, I used Zoloft 25mg in the beginning of the year January 2022 but only less than a week because of the side effects ,,, I had a long withdrawal :( even though I only took it for a few doses ….. Then in May 2022 my panic attacks were very bad so I went to the ER and they givme 1 shot of Ativan in my arm  and after 3 days at the ER  they put me on a mental facility so I could start medication for my anxiety and that’s were I started taking lexapro 10 mg they also give me gabapentin 3 times a day I was there for like a week after I got out I didn’t took no more meds I went cold turkey….. so basically I only took those meds for 8 days and now I’m experiencing withdrawal I been feeling pretty bad this past 3 weeks  I felt much worse now than before and I been having weird symptoms and yeah I been in the ER twice recently to try to explain my symptoms but they look at you like is all In Your mind 😕 I don’t know how much longer my withdrawal last but is very debilitating and my mind keeps thinking that I’m gonna be like this forever 😞 some of the symptoms of withdrawal that I have experienced are 

dizzines 

tinnitus ,ringing in right ear and a feeling of palpitations in right ear 👂 

sweating 

chills

insomnia 

depression 

increased anxiety 

and weird sensation in my throat like if it’s very dry and is making hard for me to breath 😞 it’s really hard for me I’m really scared of not knowing when this will end but  I hope I made sense my English is not good but I wish you are  better than before sending you good vibes 

Sertraline 25mg January 25 2022 took 1 pill 

Sertraline 25mg 02/08/22 -02/10/22 experience ugly side effects I stop , withdrawal lasted more than 4 weeks .

Ativan 1 pill morning 1 pill Afternoon at the ER May 14 2022

Ativan injection at the ER May 15 2022

Went to sleep good for the night woke up extra anxious and foggy mind.

Lexapro 10mg May 17-May 24 2022

Bad side effects stop cold turkey currently experiencing withdrawal .

Klonopin 1 pill May 17 2022

Gabapentin 1 pill 3 times a day from May 18 2022 - May 23 2022 

stop cold turkey currently experiencing withdrawal .  No psychiatric drugs currently.