CmonAussie: polydrugged

CmonAussie

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @AltostrataThe brain vibration was unlike brain zaps I’ve had in the past though, it felt like parts of my brain dying. It almost felt like more lesions were forming. 

At the moment I just have the extreme emotional numbing, preventing me from doing anything really. 

My only concern is that these brain lesions will prevent my emotions from ever coming back, I doubt the neurologist will have anything to say about this or the drugs I’ve been taking.

Do you think it’s still possible for me to regain my emotions? 

- Jan 2020 - Oct 2022: Prozac 20mg - Cold turkey

- Jan 2022: Prozac 10mg (bad reaction, emotional blunting and stomach issues but didn’t realise and continued to take for 2 weeks)

- 2020 to 2022: Seroquel 25 mg PRN

- Feb to Mar 2022: Domperidone 

- Feb 2022: Cymbalta 30 mg for 5 days

- Mar 2022: Parnate 10mg for 4 days

- Feb to Mar 2022 - Mirtazapine 15mg (cold turkeyed in March and took a few doses intermittently - bad rebound insomnia)

Hospitalised in April 2022 and put on 5mg Olanzapine and Mirtazapine 15mg reinstated, which was upped to 30 mg for a week. 

Hospitalised in June 2022 - doctor wanted me to quickly come off these, by trusting the doctor I agreed and suffered big headaches and even worse emotional numbing. 

Current: 12.5 Mirtazapine and 0.75mg Olanzapine (compounded liquid) 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CmonAussie said:

At the moment I just have the extreme emotional numbing, preventing me from doing anything really. 

You reduced from 2mg olanzapine to 0.75mg a month ago and suffered withdrawal symptoms. If I were you, I would not change olanzapine for at least 2 more months. You're also taking mirtazapine? These 2 drugs may be causing this emotional anesthesia, or it may be a withdrawal symptom that will slowly go away while you hold on both drugs.

I cannot tell you what the lesions might mean. Could be nothing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.