vickar6: withdrawal from Invega Sustenna

vickar6

Last year I reduced the frequency of injections from every 4 weeks, to every 5 weeks, to every 6 weeks and then finally to every 7 weeks.  I wasn't feeling very good so I went to the hospital on January 24, 2022. I was given the covid vaccine and became very ill as a result.  I had a pulmonary embolism and was in the hospital for 2 months.  It is now June 2022 and I want to try reducing the frequency of injections again. Currently, I am on Invega Sustenna every 4 weeks.  The doctor asked me to do blood work to see how much drug is in my blood before she decides to reduce the frequency of injections.  The doctor doesn't know what level it should be at.  My current dose is 50 mg/ 4 weeks.  I am wondering if anybody else has reduced the frequency of injections of Invega Sustenna to get off this medication, or did they do it cold turkey?

• ChessieCat changed the title to vickar6: withdrawal from Invega Sustenna
  • Administrator

Welcome, @vickar6

We suggest your prescriber decrease the amount of the injection every 4 weeks, rather than stretching out the interval between injections. You probably got interdose withdrawal from stretching out the injections too far.

Please see 

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.