mpalas123: Is this PSSD? My story ...

mpalas123

Hello all!

My name is Kostas and i come from Greece.

I am male 36 years old.

I started prozac  80 mgs on February 2017 and continue it till November 2021, as i was diagnosed with OCD .

All that time there was nothing to complain about very good mood, happiness and reallly good sexual activity, except delayed ejaculation sometimes. Almost every time i could have sex with a woman never complaining for something, good erections etc.

I decided to cut the drug previous November 2021 and did it cold turkey....

January 2022 i decided to do some blood work test!

I was diagnosed subclinical hypothyroidism and the doctor put me on levothyroxine treatment and i have to take it for all my life....

The months from January till May i didnt notice something really strange only some anxious coming back and a little from my ocd, but also increased libido.... I could masturbate really good....

But suddenly on May i noticed erection problems.... Then looked like it came back normal again, as i could have sex 2 weeks later. But this problem made me very anxious and scared!!!!!

Now in June/July the erection problem came back again!!! Some days i am unable to get an erection, but there are morning wood some days and libido good also...

So my question is could pssd come after 6 months post cessation?

I want your opinion i am very anxious and stressed again....

February 2017 -November 2021 Prozac 80 mgs 

• ChessieCat changed the title to mpalas123: Is this PSSD? My story ...
  • Administrator

Welcome, @mpalas123

We cannot tell if your current symptom pattern is a result of your history with Prozac. You were taking a high dose for a long time.

Since you started a second drug, levothyroxine, that is the more likely influence. If I were you, I'd get a second opinion about the thyroid treatment or an adjustment in your levothyroxine dosage.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It is most likely the levo, but even if the prozac had some effect just keep staying off it and don't go back on ever again and you will be okay if OCD returns do natural talk and exposure therapy without drugs.

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

Prozac 40MG for 5 years - 2016 - 2021 (Total of 13 years of consecutive use)

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Recent Issue:  Tapered gradually from 40MG down to 0MG from May 7th - Aug 18th

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

Not happy about it, but on 1.5mg 3x ativan and temazepam 15mg for sleep

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

this week i will contact some doctors who specialized in PSSD from different countries and i will let you know....

Edited by ChessieCat
content removed - unnecessarily detailed sexual description

February 2017 -November 2021 Prozac 80 mgs 

• Administrator

We don't need that much detail about your sex life.

If you developed PSSD from going off Prozac in November 2021, it can take many months for sexual response to very gradually come back.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, mpalas123 said:

this week i will contact some doctors who specialized in PSSD from different countries and i will let you know....

@mpalas123

Please note that I have edited your post.  As Alto stated:

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

We don't need that much detail about your sex life.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management