Thecommonhuman: feel like losing my mind

Thecommonhuman

After trying paxil and setraline to no effect (for over 10 months altogether), I got talked up for lexapro... Took it for 21 days and just could not carry on... Terrible sleep (I have got these triple bags under my eyes, almost since starting paxil, September last year), no sex drive (and no ability to ever ejaculate), brain zaps. I stopped cold turkey (from 20mg a day) 5 days ago. 

There are few things which are happening in my life now, and inconveniently some stuff which wasn't happening before, started to happen a day after I had gone cold turkey... 

Cut the story short - I am sick worried about the safety of my family. I cannot cope with the thoughts I have. I take pictures of the cars in a traffic... Write down registration plates... See the people people in them and think - alright - if something was to happen, I am ready to die, but please, don't do any harm to my family. I check the locks in a house 5 times over and do other stuff which I cannot really even write about on here... I never drank before, but I cannot cope without alcohol now. 

Is it just cold facts about me or my family being in danger, or is it me losing my mind 

Edited by Thecommonhuman
I am new here. Didn't know what to put where
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Thecommonhuman: feel like losing my mind
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Thecommonhuman and welcome to SA,

We are going to need more details about your drug history before we can provide any information.

Please tell us about the symptoms that you are currently experiencing.

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Please create your drug signature (this is different from the information you provided when you joined).  Please include ALL drugs you have every taken including supplements.  Follow these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

This is your own Introduction topic and is the place where you ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Thecommonhuman changed the title to Feel like losing my mind
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Thecommonhuman: feel like losing my mind
  • Moderator Emeritus

Please don't edit posts.  It was only because I saw that you had changed the topic title and then glanced at your first post that I realised that you had added more information.

Please follow the instructions for creating your drug signature.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management