Has anyone found any new research studies on effects of long term psych med use?

Happy2Heal

• Mentor

looking for both the results of such studies and possibly on going studies that I might be able to participate in

after 42 yrs of being on almost every category of pysch meds, I am having cognitive issues, memory issues, trouble focusing, disorientation and dizziness/light headedness.

I am only 67

I have been off all meds officially since 2017, so over 7 yrs, with withdrawal effects ending by 2020  (I thought I had no more symptoms earlier but as time passed, I realized there were some very mild symptoms that went away later in the process)

I'm seeing a neurologist in August.

I would willing join a research study if there are any out there ongoing and would love to know if there's any completely studies with published results

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy