The Perrin Technique & the Relationship between PAWS/PSSD & ME/CFS

PeaceInside

Hi Everyone!

I am wondering if anyone who has or had PAWS and/or PSSD ever tried The Perrin Technique manual therapy? (It is most widely used and known about in the UK)

I was sent this video by Perrin Technique practitioners as I reached out to see if this therapy would be appropriate for PAWS/PSSD. I am curious what people's thoughts are on this video and whether or not people think that Dr. Perrin's work relates to our condition. I am thinking about this under the idea that psychiatric medications are neuro-toxic, but what exactly is that mechanism of toxicity?

From a research perspective I am curious as to the relationship between the following functioning of systems in withdrawal and post-withdrawal conditions:

1. the limbic system

2. the brain stem

3. the peripheral nervous system (especially the autonomic and enteric nervous systems)

4. the lymphatic system & glymphatic system

I'd love feedback on this video and whether or not people feel what he talks about could also be happening in withdrawal and post-withdrawal conditions. It does get highly technical just FYI. Cheers!

2012-2013: Sertraline (100mg)

April 2013-May 2013: tapered completely off Sertraline (50mg for two weeks, then 25mg for two weeks, then none)

May 2013-November 2013: experienced severe withdrawal effects

November 2013-2018: Sertraline (100mg then up to 200mg then back to 100mg over this time)

January 2018: abrupt switch to Effexor; extreme withdrawal side effects from switch; used Lorazepam for 2 days to cope

February 2018-April 2018: abrupt switch to Prozac (maybe 30mg or 20mg?? do not remember)

April 2018-September 2019: tapered off Prozac completely using liquid form (do not remember by what increments); experienced windows and waves pattern of withdrawal

September 2019-January 2020: felt really great, better than ever before

February 2020-April 2021: experienced severe withdrawal in windows and waves pattern

April 2021-NOW: windows and waves pattern ended; experiencing drastic change in digestive, endocrine, autonomic, and immune system functioning

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy