Were your worst adverse drug effects also your worst withdrawal symptoms?

SunnyRainyDays

I was wondering, since my worst side effects on Mirtazapine were Suicidality and Severe Anxiety - these two are also my most persistent and strongest ones since 1,5 Years of quitting.

It might tell more about if certain brain areas are way more affected by it than others and need the longest time for healing afterwards, and how certain drugs act on certain chemicals can be tied to the symptoms.

January 2021 - Took Effoxor 37.5mg then 75mg

June/July 2021 - Stopped taking Effoxor. (Cold turkey - had to reinstate 37.5mg two days later because of vomiting and then tapered quickly over the next few days). Mild withdrawal that lasted two weeks.

February 2022 - took 7.5mg Mirtazapine

4th April 2022 - stopped taking Mirtazapine 7.5mg (no tapering - I didn’t know about it until I was heavy into withdrawal.)

October 2023 - Escitalopram 1mg for two weeks, stopped because of strong heart issues (not that it did anything else except side effects)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Currently taking Hormonal Contraceptive for PCOS since age of 13 (changed few brands over the years) and Probiotics

Occasionally Vitamins

• Altostrata changed the title to Were your worst adverse drug effects also your worst withdrawal symptoms?
  • Administrator

Hello, @SunnyRainyDays -- I do not believe that adverse drug effects while you're taking the drug predict what withdrawal symptoms you might experience, and I don't think either type of system indicates the brain region affected. While they're described as targeted, all psychiatric drugs have effects throughout the brain, nervous system, and body.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy