Current Action in USA

PeaceInside

Is there any current, direct action being taken in the USA on protracted withdrawal? Committees formed to lobby to change policy, advocacy initiatives that meet regularly, or self organizing systems doing grassroots advocacy? It feels like things have stagnated in the US around these issues and I see most direct action happening in the UK (especially) and Canada. I would love to get involved with people who are working on more direct action in the US as it seems we are very much behind the advances happening in other nations regardless of how small. 

2012-2013: Sertraline (100mg)

April 2013-May 2013: tapered completely off Sertraline (50mg for two weeks, then 25mg for two weeks, then none)

May 2013-November 2013: experienced severe withdrawal effects

November 2013-2018: Sertraline (100mg then up to 200mg then back to 100mg over this time)

January 2018: abrupt switch to Effexor; extreme withdrawal side effects from switch; used Lorazepam for 2 days to cope

February 2018-April 2018: abrupt switch to Prozac (maybe 30mg or 20mg?? do not remember)

April 2018-September 2019: tapered off Prozac completely using liquid form (do not remember by what increments); experienced windows and waves pattern of withdrawal

September 2019-January 2020: felt really great, better than ever before

February 2020-April 2021: experienced severe withdrawal in windows and waves pattern

April 2021-NOW: windows and waves pattern ended; experiencing drastic change in digestive, endocrine, autonomic, and immune system functioning

@PeaceInside

Inner Compass Initiative and Withdrawal Project are two that come to mind. There are a couple organizations for benzo-related advocacy as well. Although I'm not sure about protracted withdrawal specifically.

I'm interested to know what you're hearing from Canada, because from my standpoint, there is not much.

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

16 minutes ago, LotusRising said:

@PeaceInside

Inner Compass Initiative and Withdrawal Project are two that come to mind. There are a couple organizations for benzo-related advocacy as well. Although I'm not sure about protracted withdrawal specifically.

I'm interested to know what you're hearing from Canada, because from my standpoint, there is not much.

Yes, I already know pretty much all the organizations globally who are working on these issues but I am interested in more coalition based direct action happening in the USA. I don’t think any of this is happening but trying to put a feeler out if there are people working on this in the US. 

2012-2013: Sertraline (100mg)

April 2013-May 2013: tapered completely off Sertraline (50mg for two weeks, then 25mg for two weeks, then none)

May 2013-November 2013: experienced severe withdrawal effects

November 2013-2018: Sertraline (100mg then up to 200mg then back to 100mg over this time)

January 2018: abrupt switch to Effexor; extreme withdrawal side effects from switch; used Lorazepam for 2 days to cope

February 2018-April 2018: abrupt switch to Prozac (maybe 30mg or 20mg?? do not remember)

April 2018-September 2019: tapered off Prozac completely using liquid form (do not remember by what increments); experienced windows and waves pattern of withdrawal

September 2019-January 2020: felt really great, better than ever before

February 2020-April 2021: experienced severe withdrawal in windows and waves pattern

April 2021-NOW: windows and waves pattern ended; experiencing drastic change in digestive, endocrine, autonomic, and immune system functioning

34 minutes ago, PeaceInside said:

I see most direct action happening in the UK (especially) and Canada.

Oh, I see. You mentioned this, so it sounded like you'd heard of something coming from Canada. 

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***