UK Members: A Uk site for people experiencing prescribed medication dependency/withdrawal

BooBoo19

For members in the UK, you can register on www.leap4pdd.org. It is a a national advisory panel of people with lived and professional experience of providing support, advocacy and research for prescribed drug dependence. The more people register on this the bigger the problem is made aware for the NHS. Plus, you can get involved in advocating within your local area as it is broken down into geographical NHS area. Well worth a look and if you can register, which is quick and easy, it will demonstrate strength in numbers. I, like many others am extremely angry about what has happened, it is too late for me but I would not want anybody else to go through such a difficult experience from a prescribed medication.  This is a reputable site and the more who register the more the NHS will see there is an issue.  You will also see, as on this site, you are not alone and a rare case.  Good Luck and wishing each and everyone of us a speedy recovery.

Started venlafaxine December 2016. Started to wean off Effexor over 16 months period and I had no issues at all. Stopped June 2020.  Unfortunately, I was under chronic stress from 4 deaths (1 was my mother) in the family amongst other things  and sunk back down in October 2020.  Rather than accepting this was chronic stress and grief, I panicked and went to the GP.

October 2020 prescribed Vortioxetine 10mg for 1 month and then increased to 15 mg ups advice from GP on for 7 weeks in total.  Had suicidal thoughts and off the wall anxiety.  Changed to Lexapro in mid December 2020, slow titration from 2.5mg up to 10mg.  After 7 weeks again off the wall anxiety. I was advised to take 5mg for one week and stop as I want to go 'au natural'.  Last SSRI was 30 January 2021.  

I was also prescribed diazepam and Zopiclone through the 4 months of taking SSRis to 'manage' the side effects and also for the withdrawal.   I am probably withdrawing from all drugs.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy