hingie: Started Venlafaxine taper

Hello

I am 53 monthe out from a xanax CT withdrawal.  It has taken me this long to begin finally feeling myself again.  Complete hellish experience.  Finally getting moving past brain fog.

I am still on 150mg venlafaxine XR 150 daily and three weeks ago, started tapering by 10% every 4 weeks.  So far so good.

I wanted to make my first site post and make some friends here during my taper.

I will add my info to my signature shortly.

Wishing all peace in their journey.

Hingie

Benzo and AD usage prescribed by my doctor.  Never told about dangers of benzo or AD withdrawal syndromes.  Now I want off all drugs.

11/2019 - Quit 1-2MG Xanax C/T

- Severe withdrawal both acute and post acute

- Waxing and waning symptoms of every kind until at least 3 years out.

3/2024 - 53 months out and much better but still a lot of rebound anxiety, fear, OCD symptoms

- Been using breathing, mindfullness and reading books from authors like Claire Weekes to continue to heal

- Eating a clean diet of fish, fresh vegetables, and lots of fruit.  

- Take multi vitamins, amino acids, and AG1 daily for healthy immune support

2-22-2024 - Started to do a 10% (.4032) taper from last dose from 150MG Venlafaxine.  Was on 75MG till 4 months ago and was raised to 150mg.  Been on AD's for 30+ years for anxiety, depression when in early 20's.  I am currently 55.

3-14-2024 - 10 % reduction to .362.  No additional symptoms

• KenA changed the title to hingie: Started Venlafaxine taper

Hello and welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Please add your drug and dose history to your signature, along with dates, so staff members can quickly assess your situation. Edit your signature here.

This topic is for anything relating to you, and any questions you have. Please do not start another topic.

Good to hear you are beginning to improve from the xanax cold turkey.

Given your history, and the difficulty many have with venlafaxine, I would suggest decreasing by even less than the 10%/4 weeks. Micro tapering would be a more appropriate approach in your situation. Read more here: Micro tapering

All the answers you are looking for regarding tapering and antidepressant withdrawal are on this site. Please search around and continue to read as much as you can manage. Use the site search function to search for specific words or phrases, such as drugs or symptoms.

Here are a few of the most useful links:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using a scale to weigh and measure doses

We only recommend two supplements. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Magnesium. Both should be introduced separately and increased slowly.

Regards

Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

Thank you, Erimus.

Benzo and AD usage prescribed by my doctor.  Never told about dangers of benzo or AD withdrawal syndromes.  Now I want off all drugs.

11/2019 - Quit 1-2MG Xanax C/T

- Severe withdrawal both acute and post acute

- Waxing and waning symptoms of every kind until at least 3 years out.

3/2024 - 53 months out and much better but still a lot of rebound anxiety, fear, OCD symptoms

- Been using breathing, mindfullness and reading books from authors like Claire Weekes to continue to heal

- Eating a clean diet of fish, fresh vegetables, and lots of fruit.  

- Take multi vitamins, amino acids, and AG1 daily for healthy immune support

2-22-2024 - Started to do a 10% (.4032) taper from last dose from 150MG Venlafaxine.  Was on 75MG till 4 months ago and was raised to 150mg.  Been on AD's for 30+ years for anxiety, depression when in early 20's.  I am currently 55.

3-14-2024 - 10 % reduction to .362.  No additional symptoms