Daily Mail Article 4/22/24: Benzo ADR then "treated" with Antidepresssants

Catina7

• Mentor
Posted (edited)

One woman's harrowing ordeal with being prescribed a benzo for tinnitus, which led to an adverse reaction.  Then, doctors tried to "treat" her with antidepressants, which triggered akathisia.  Read her account here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13336857/sectioned-tranquiliser-anxiety-triggered-frightening-psychosis-worst-ordeal-doctors.html

Edited by Catina7

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

• Catina7 changed the title to Daily Mail Article 4/22/24: Ruined by Benzo then "treated" with Antidepresssants

Her story and mine are so so similar… So glad that Emma is getting the word out and using her voice for good through the hell.

We need all the people speaking out possible so that this all gets so much more attention so people don’t end up getting aka, it is life-threatening and unimaginable torture.

share the article to family and friends and ask them to share it as well with their medical providers.

Most importantly, Dr.  Dr. Horowitz’s new Maudsley prescribing guidelines manual with everyone, you can friends, family, and medical providers, and pharmacist.

https://www.amazon.com/Maudsley-Guidelines-prescribing-Prescribing/dp/111982298X

Prior to March 2020 - no meds in 37yr life., no anxiety or depression.

mar’20- hospital with Covid like sym- panic attack- scared by reaction to ceftriaxone antibiotic - rash and tongue Never was covid, likely stomach bug

Apr ‘20- told to see psychiatrist after hospital(didn’t know one panic attack shouldn’t) .75mg K and 5mg Lexapro

May ‘20- switched to 25mg Sertrakine  mid June ‘20- .75-.625mg K by psych in weeek spiraled ended up in ER bc so sick; 10mg Trazodone for sleep, tapered 10mg over 2wks Jul ‘20

july’20- Sertrtrakine taper 25mg-18mh - aka terrible didnt know what was ;Dr said let’s change to 5mg Prozac

aug’20-tapered 5mg after taking for 2 weeks next 4 weeks, 1/4 pill a week.

Aug’20- Sept 5mg ambien tapered off over a month in Sept 2020. 12mg Seroquel given and immediately tapered over 3 weeks in Oct 20. Jan 21- 2 weeks 10mg  Elavil for sleep(didn’t know better), eye issues so CTd per Dr- 6wk Wd.

Mar’21- Started slow K taoer .635mg to .005mg-Aug’23 ;may’22-Aug 23-drop .01mg K liquid comp a month the last .16mg Jumped at .005mg-severe acute, akathisia and in dark closet for 8 wks bc eyes severe any light caused aka worse. all beta blockers once and caused worse, spec clonidine ,severe reaction. Severe SI and attempt - Psych hosoitaks invol Nov/Dec23- multiple meds one off, Lipitor for 3 wks- forced when refused, Depakote trial 10 days 250mg, ECt twice ugh with muscle relaxer ketamine and propofol- all meds what I didn’t want used against me and forced.

12/2/23- psych hosp 7.5mg Mirtazapine for severe aka but myoclonic jolts, eye issues and no benefit . 12/10- forced me 15mg 5 days, 7.5 since 12/15/23 .home 12/18. Tested covid positive 12/22/23. Negative 12/30. nightmare traumatized and hell on mirt not knowing what’s adverse effects(severe RLS, brain racing/swirling, eye flashing, jolts) after taking 

Severe neuro issues

100+ symptoms thru K taper and on

• Catina7 changed the title to Daily Mail Article 4/22/24: Benzo ADR then "treated" with Antidepresssants

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy