Debian: Tapering off duloxetine -

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me. Just a tapering post. I have very unpleasant side effects from Cy and that is why I am reducing it until stop It completely.

I have been taken Duloxetine for only 2 months.

Steps:

1.  I started taking 30mg of Duloxetine January 25th. 7 days later(Feb 1)I increased the dose to 60mg.
  2. 54 days later, On March 25, I reduced the dose to 40mg opening the capsule, weighing it on a precision scale, and closing it again.
  3. 15 days later, On April 7th I went down to 35 mg.
  4. 8 days later, on April 15th I went down to 30 mg.
  5. Now I am switch to beads counting, and I am on 134 and this is my schedule: (ignore the averaging field)

10-7.png.9a339fc60470bc625a15c0f14b7b0886.png

How do you think about my tapering program??

I have never been depressed, but I have had long COVID for a year and a half and my psychiatrist thought it would help my mood but I was wrong. I hate you psychiatrist!!!

Thanks in Advance.

Duloxetine:

2024:

January 25th 30 mg 

March 25  40 mg

April 7th  35 mg

April 15th 30 mg  

April 23th 134 beads

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome @debian

I’m sorry to hear that you have long COVID, but it’s good to hear you’ve never suffered from depression. 

Could you please first of all put in your drug signature. Just go to the top of the Introductions page here and you’ll see a thread asking you to start an introduction about yourself. In the first paragraph you’ll see a link showing you how to do your signature.

Are you planning to taper by 10% every seven days, that seems quite quick. I’’m suffering from bad CFS brain fog at the moment, but did I get that right? You haven’t been on the meds long, so maybe you might get away with going a little quicker, but our brains adapt to these meds pretty quickly. Please be careful. If you start getting severe symptoms hold the dose until the symptoms settle. 

The most important thing for most of us is to taper by no more than 10% of our  last dose every month. You really need to listen to your body though, as sometimes that can even be too fast. Rather than going by a schedule please listen to your body. If you feel that a drop is too much and you’re getting lots of symptoms, hold a bit longer. I’m only tapering around 1.5% or so and holding longer than a month. 

Wishing you all the best with your tapering💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.0✔️ June7=3mg✔️ July 15= 2.95✔️ This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.