Will Hall speaks at the APA and then Alternatives 2012 http://wp.me/p5nnb-7Xg

GiaK

There are two talks Will Hall gave in the course of no more than a week and a half.

The first was at the APA (yes, the American Psychiatric Association)

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/10/07/will-hall-speaks-to-apa/

The second was at the Alternatives conference:

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/10/13/willhall-keynote-alternatives/

WOW and WOW...

enjoy.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

There are two talks Will Hall gave in the course of no more than a week and a half.

The first was at the APA (yes, the American Psychiatric Association)

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/10/07/will-hall-speaks-to-apa/

The second was at the Alternatives conference:

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/10/13/willhall-keynote-alternatives/

WOW and WOW...

enjoy.

Wow is right.

Question regarding the link.

When I call up the site on my blackberry, it indicates a link to an MP3 player which won't work on the device. But when I try the site on all three of my browsers, (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer), the link doesn't come up. What am I doing wrong?

But I did find the link to listening to it on the site so I will get to listen one way or another. However, if the MP3 file really does exist, it would be nice to download so I could listen to it at work on Monday.

Under what context was Will invited since this is truly an historic occasion? What type of reception did he get?

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I have no idea what the issue is...it's fine on my computer and I've not heard a problem from anyone else...not sure what to suggest...let me know if you figure it out

Will was well received for the most part and treated with respect. He got a very few off color comments from people who were made uncomfortable.

The occasion is the tide is changing and Will Hall ROCKS... :D

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

No problem as I can listen to it on your computer.

I sure would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting.

CS

I have no idea what the issue is...it's fine on my computer and I've not heard a problem from anyone else...not sure what to suggest...let me know if you figure it out

Will was well received for the most part and treated with respect. He got a very few off color comments from people who were made uncomfortable.

The occasion is the tide is changing and Will Hall ROCKS... :D

• Administrator

Yes! Stop medicating side effects!

Yes! Support people in coming off drugs!

Yes! Stop calling withdrawal relapse!

Yes! Studies are based on too-fast withdrawal!

Yes! Read the Harm Reduction Guide for Coming Off!

Yes! Not every case needs medication!

Yes! You have the right to an advance directive refusing psychiatric treatment!

Yes! We know nothing about predicting suicides!

Yes! All of us have problems!

Great insights about how sleep deprivation affects us.

I wonder how the psychiatrists reacted at the APA meeting.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

Incredibly, at the very end, a psychiatrist suggests Will Hall has been indoctrinated by Scientology.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Incredibly, at the very end, a psychiatrist suggests Will Hall has been indoctrinated by Scientology.

Thanks for confirming that as I sensed that was happening but couldn't hear the initial question.

Can't say I am shocked.

I can hear the defenses now - What about the people who are in the streets and running naked and not eating?

They need to be protected from themselves.

CS

What exactly the objective, though?

Whitaker opened my eyes and, I think, successfully explained the powerful incentives for psychiatrists to embrace the pharmalogical model. In short, it increases their prestige, their patient base, their income while eliminating their competition who are not able to prescribe.

It'd be a victory of a sort to get doctors to write more cautiously but, frankly, that's not in their interest. I think Will Hall will find a welcoming audience so long as nothing he advocates has any chance of affecting the doctors. It'd be a lot more exciting if the doctors were boycotting Hall's appearance. Then I'd know they felt something was at stake.

I once gave a talk in front of mental health professionals at the grand opening of a psychiatric non-profit organization. I wasn't particularly lavish in praise towards doctors (though was respectful). My short talk focused on 'patients' working together. Following me was the director of the County Integrative Health Services Dept, a successful and important beauracrat. I thought he might be a bit offended by my words. Instead he complimented me in a way that a Senator would compliment his neighbor's dog for doing its pooping outdoors. I was beyond notathreat.

Nothing against Hall's address - I'm glad he did it. Makes for a nice opening tip but I dunno the mid-game or end-game.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

The incentives for psychiatry to change: 1) Some doctors want to do the right thing 2) They need to differentiate what they can do from what a physician assistant can do 3) Public opinion 4) Risk of legal action for poor outcomes

Will Hall at the APA protest outside, after his talk:

Will Hall at SAMHSA's Alternatives 2012 conference http://beyondmeds.com/2012/10/13/willhall-keynote-alternatives/

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy