Dogs vs. Psychiatric Drugs

amg2012

Last night I watched a program here in Canada on a weekly program called "W5" (who, why, what, where, when) similar to "60 Minutes" in the U.S. The program was awe-inspiring, especially to those of us who LOVE DOGS! These trained dogs are helping our soldiers with PTSD more successfully than the cocktail of psychiatric drugs are. The Vets are now requesting financial aid for these trained dogs which is currently denied though coverage of Psychiatric drugs (which do not work) are covered. I hope they succeed in their quest. Maybe trained dogs could be helpful to sufferers of Anxiety and Depression too!

I found this link to the program which is in 3 parts (of course you have to accept the commercials along with it) a really worthwhile watch! And, by the way, I cried! This is remarkable because while on A.D.s I became numb and have not cried for a long time. The Afghanistan War clips, interviews with the soldiers and watching the love and care these dogs are providing is truly heart wrenching. Hope the link works.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/dog-tags-takes-on-new-meaning-in-program-for-soldiers-with-ptsd-1.1040190

I think! Too much!

Jan. 2009 150 mg. Venlafaxine

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

8 July Fluox 5ML (0 Venflx)[/b]

10 July aprox. 20 mg Fluoxetine liquid, trouble measuring between 4 - 5 ml, 0 Venflx.

15 July Fluox 5 ML + Vnflx. 10 - 6 grains

24 July Fluox 5ML + 37.5 mg Venflx.

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

13 Aug.Fluox 18 mg liquid; 18 Aug. Fluox 17 mg; 25 Aug. Fluox 16 mg;

2 Sept Fluox 15 mg; 10 Sept Fluox 14 mg; 17 Sept. Fluox 13.6 mg; 29 Sept. Fluox 13 mg.

7 Oct. Fluox 12 mg; 14 Oct. Fluox 11 mg; 21 Oct; Fluox 10 mg; 23 Oct. 9mg; 26 Oct. 8 mg.

21 Nov. 5 mg; 3 Nov. ZERO

P.S.

Just noticed that there is written text as well as the videos.. an excerpt I think all of us can appreciate:

“We have 37 people that are all still alive, that are all significantly better than when they started,” said George Leonard. “Can a pharmaceutical company do that? Hell, no. And we don’t have walking zombies. We have people that are interacting, that are engaging.”

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/dog-tags-takes-on-new-meaning-in-program-for-soldiers-with-ptsd-1.1040190#ixzz2CaJhrZ74

I think! Too much!

Jan. 2009 150 mg. Venlafaxine

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

8 July Fluox 5ML (0 Venflx)[/b]

10 July aprox. 20 mg Fluoxetine liquid, trouble measuring between 4 - 5 ml, 0 Venflx.

15 July Fluox 5 ML + Vnflx. 10 - 6 grains

24 July Fluox 5ML + 37.5 mg Venflx.

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

13 Aug.Fluox 18 mg liquid; 18 Aug. Fluox 17 mg; 25 Aug. Fluox 16 mg;

2 Sept Fluox 15 mg; 10 Sept Fluox 14 mg; 17 Sept. Fluox 13.6 mg; 29 Sept. Fluox 13 mg.

7 Oct. Fluox 12 mg; 14 Oct. Fluox 11 mg; 21 Oct; Fluox 10 mg; 23 Oct. 9mg; 26 Oct. 8 mg.

21 Nov. 5 mg; 3 Nov. ZERO

• Administrator

Dogs, not drugs! Should be a bumper sticker.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

There was a great tv show on PBS called Shelter Me back in the spring. One of the segments was about dogs being rained to help returning vets. It was wonderful. I watched the one cited in the above posts and it was good too.

• Administrator

Cats, not capsules! :P (It was hard to think of a bumper sticker for cats.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Real animals not psychiatric monsters

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy