lindamorellato: feeling of impending doom

lindamorellato

• Moderator Emeritus

linda, most perimenopause symptoms occur because of the reduction in oestrogen - most common are hot flashes - i think something like 85% of women experience them to some degree. Some get a minor change in their general temperature feeling - for example, my friend who was always a cold frog, now just feels warm most of the time - she is quite happy about that!. Other women get hot flashes for many years - i had them for 5 years before i started a small dose of oestrogen 3 months ago.

Other common changes are redistribution of fat around our bodies - more noticeable around the middle. Some restless sleeping - but that could be from hot flashes.

Your skin can become a bit more papery, bone density can change.

And, NO PERIODS!!!!! YAY! - most women report their periods become a bit sketchy - either lighter, more frequent or more spaced out - its not uncommon to have many months without and then they resume again.

But it is a normal process that all women go through just another stage of life. A book would be a good starting point.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lindamorellato

• Altostrata

• hippopotamus

• tezza

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what is funny? I am a voracious reader but have stayed away from that subject. I am so scared. I don't, CAN"T hear that going through Menopause is worse than PMDD. I can't even deal with that. Every month other than being pregnant, since I was 16 has been a living hell. I have a mother than makes fun of me and laughs at me. I can't talk to her. She LOVES that i'm no longer thin I'm getting hot flashes.

Lexapro 20 mg.since Aug 2009

Lamotrigine -100 mg. sept. 2009

Seroquel-50 mg.

down from 100 for 6 months.

Been going off and on lexapro since October 2012

off and on Lamotrigine since October 2012.

Incidentally, massive headaches and monthly vomiting has ceased

since October 2012.

So right now no lexapro since Dec. 28th after only taking 15 tables from Nov.12-to Dec.28,2012.

No lamotrigine since mid October 2012.

50 MG. seroquel at bedtime since June 2012.

I am seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow. Actually his replacement. My regular psychiartist retired and the one I saw in the hospital. I want to ask her to write me a prescription for 25 mg for lamictal, and 50 mg for serogqel and decrease from there. How do I ask.

Seroquel-50 mg.

since October 2012.

So right now no lexapro since Dec. 28th after only taking 15 tables from Nov.12-to Dec.28,2012.

• Administrator

You might tell her you went down to 50mg Seroquel, you're feeling okay at that level, but you'd feel more secure if you had a little Lamictal, too. Conventional Lamictal dosing starts at 25mg.

Unless you think this doctor is very sympathetic and trustworthy, ask her what she knows about tapering and withdrawal symptoms before sharing your plans.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

OK thank you very much.

Seroquel-50 mg.

since October 2012.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just wondering if this tingling in my right arm and the "wet feeling" is going to be a permanant thing now. It was an issues when I was hospitalized and starting meds. Now that I am weaning it's been my constant companion for the past 6 weeks. It's annoying to say the least. Thoughts anyone?

Seroquel-50 mg.

since October 2012.

• Administrator

Are you using the computer a lot? Are you right-handed? If you're doing a lot of mousing, you might want to stretch your arms and back frequently. Withdrawal can make you sensitive to those repetitive-stress type symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

I've been off lamictil and Lexapro since December 2012. The first month was hellish. I am slowly tapering seroquel for the past 18 days. I just am starting to feel like I will always have a general feeling of depression and sadness. I don't know, will this ever go away?

Seroquel-50 mg.

since October 2012.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Linda,

I merged your new topic with your existing topic. We are allowed one topic per member in the Introductions and Updates forum.

I can tell you that I had that same feeling for at least six months in early withdrawal. I thought I'd always feel that way and never get better. Now, I have a 'low mood day' occasionally. It usually happens after a change in my medicine.

It's an awful way to feel and I understand but it does get better. Anything you can do that requires your attention would likely help. Even if its just solitaire on the computer. Try to watch something funny on television, like funny home videos.

I hope you feel better soon!

{{{hugs}}}

Tezza

Thank you so much! That gives me hope. what happened last time is what is scaring me. I went off my antidepressants over a three month period and struggled terribly. Work was extremely stressful. Thena family tradegy with the accidental death of ym twelve year old nephew. I completely lost it. I tyhink that in combination of being off meds was a double whammy. I am so scared this is going to happen again.

Seroquel-50 mg.

since October 2012.

• Administrator

linda, how have you been tapering Seroquel?

I cut my 50 mg in to four pieces and take three pieces.I have a pill cutter. I will stay on that as long as possible maybe two months or more however long it takes. I will not make the mistake of going too fast like I did with the lexapro and lamictal.

Seroquel-50 mg.

since October 2012.

• Administrator

• ChessieCat changed the title to lindamorellato: feeling of impending doom
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Linda,

Please update your Introduction topic.

And also your drug signature:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto has merged 2 topics.  I'm giving the link here so that you can find it if you need it again:

tips-for-tapering-off-milnacipran-savella-or-levomilnacipran-fetzima

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management