Emely - trying coming off Seroquel

Emely

Hey @Shepthanx for your detailed answer ! ☺️👍 I am from Germany, so my english is not the best😉

I got my first symptoms (manic/psychotic)under the treatment of Quetiapin 😔and I think I got stuck with it ( because of manic withdrawel)  …My doctor treated me very wrong after the Birth of my daughter … At this time I had no Knowledge about the danger of this drug and the withdrawels …I tried to taper years ago and I got my first time a manic episode.. I tried it a lot of times with very small doses and 5-10%.. but it happened again and then I decided to stay at 75mg. I was really stable for years now and  I really thought I could go down further last year but I got Corona ,then sleepless and it happened again.

Now I am here again because of my symptoms I had the last weeks  ..it feels soo unnatural  …the musslestiffness, tingling in my Arms , headache .. Deep Depression and anxiety in the Morning, Brain fog, tinnitus, can‘t think  ..I never had this severe Symptoms before ..

I know it had to do with Quetiapin and it came after the dosage change..

and yes I want to go down again at 75mg …I have a compound pharmacy that makes me 5mg capsules.

I really wish to come off it but I think it‘s almost impossible … maybe when I microtaper .. I can‘t handle the sleeplessness.. I think I can‘t cope the withdrawel because I have no thyroid anymore …

Greetings to you 🌸

2008 Seroquel/Quetiapin 100mg postpartal Depression and insomnia

thyroid removel (3 Grain Thyroid NDT)

tried many times to come off Quetiapin

during tapering got manic and depressed several times, got hospitalized, they uppered dose to 400mg Quetiapin 5/12 got Lamictal, Lithium, Remeron, Venlafaxin some weeks and months..was very depressed, bad body reactions,

3/22 to 75mg in little steps ,

was very stable , no symptoms for years

have a family, garden,household, was always very active , social..

2023 after Corona sleepless

5/23 got manic 

5/23 upped from 1•25mgIR/1•50mgRX(75mg) to 100mg IR

6/23 back to 2•25mgIR/1•50mgRX (100mg) 

after 2weeks Symptoms : musslestiffness,Tinnitus,Slow in movement, bad Depression,Anxiety in the night and morning, no feelings inside ,no more social, can‘t do household, gardening,work ,sleepless waking up in the night , big Problems with thinking

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emely

• Altostrata

• Edted

• Jemima

Hello,

i think i have developed extrapyramidal disorder.. what can i do about it? I've been taking between 75-100mg of Seroquel for 15 years... I had to switch between the RX and IR dosages and after about 2 weeks I suddenly had the worst depression, but also severe muscle stiffness, sleepless ,agitation, personality changes... Is there any hope that it will go away again?

i tried to come down from Seroquel but it always ended up with a manic Episode… before this I never had this manic problems.. i got it because of insomnia …

during tapering got manic and depressed several times, got hospitalized, they uppered dose to 400mg Quetiapin 5/12 got Lamictal, Lithium, Remeron, Venlafaxin some weeks and months..was very depressed, bad body reactions,

5/23 got manic 

after 2weeks Symptoms : musslestiffness,Tinnitus,Slow in movement, bad Depression,Anxiety in the night and morning, no feelings inside ,no more social, can‘t do household, gardening,work ,sleepless waking up in the night , big Problems with thinking

• Administrator

Hello, @Emely What are the symptoms that you think are extrapyramidal?

Anyone taking quetiapine for a long time must taper very carefully, or they can get withdrawal symptoms that look like a manic episode or symptoms of psychosis. This does not mean you have psychosis, it means you tapered too fast. 

Have you seen 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello @Altostratathanx for your answer ☺️👍and the advice!

I have symptoms I never had before and think it’s extrapyramidal  severe Tinnitus ,musclestiffness, sleeplessness ,agitation, strong akathesia, speechproblems ,

i can‘t almost handle the symptoms .. But it got a little bit better over the last week.

would this maybe get better when I lower  it carefully ?

because of the Episode I went back to 100mg..

yes I know it can make the manic episodes worse but the last years I was very careful in tapering and came down from 100mg in 2 years to 75mg.

Greetings and a good day to you 🌸

5/23 got manic 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Emely said:

because of the Episode I went back to 100mg..

What episode?

9 hours ago, Emely said:

severe Tinnitus ,musclestiffness, sleeplessness ,agitation, strong akathesia, speechproblems ,

These sound like withdrawal symptoms, not extrapyramidal symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostratain May I had a manic episode and I thought I have to upper the dose to 100mg but in this bad condition I also changed it from 50mgRX/25mgIR to 100mg IR and after some weeks back to 2•25mg IR and 50mg RX…

i did those changes before when I got down but did not experienced such horrible Symptoms…and Quetiapin is not more working ..

usually I do not have so much Symptoms in withdrawel and they subside after 3-4 weeks..i always could sleep now not more ,only 3-4 hours ..wake up with bad feelings of anxiety/depression. 

Can this really be because of the change IR -RX ?

now it stays….I am in this condition almost 2 months .. it feels like hell ..
Should I wait some months or can I go down to 75mg very slow again ? Maybe it‘s because I take too much Quetiapin..

maybe I also come in menopause…

How dangerous is it to take bioidentical hormones? Can this Make it worse or better ?

I have Progesteron Creme here …

Greetings to you  🌸

5/23 got manic 

• Administrator

Anyone can have manic symptoms from tapering quetiapine too quickly.

Since you also may have long covid, I cannot tell whether your symptoms might be from that. When did you have covid?

3 hours ago, Emely said:

now it stays….I am in this condition almost 2 months .. it feels like hell ..

Both withdrawal symptoms and long covid can last more than 2 months.

I cannot follow your drug changes. Please list all drug changes since April, with dates on the left, and the date of your manic episode.

@Altostratayes I know all the „bipolar“ symptoms i have began under the treatment of Seroquel 😒

But because of this I tapered only very slow the last years and it went so well till this year..Last dosage change was last year in march… I got already some symptoms in the wintertime then got COVID in November/December but did not drop more….I think the biggest mistake was uppering/changing the dose.. But I did this in the manic mind.. would not do this in normal state….

But what should I do now? .. still hold the dosage and wait ?

or try to downdose like 2mg every 4 weeks..

i still think maybe it gets better when I am down to 75mg but I don‘t want to mess up my CNS more…

I don‘t know if I have Hope that my symptoms will subside 

But the last days my thinking gets a little bit clearer……
I still have S thoughts and bad anxiety in the Morning ..i never had this so intense and I Know it can come from Quetiapin…

Greetings to you 

5/23 got manic 

• Administrator
On 8/1/2023 at 10:01 AM, Altostrata said:

Please list all drug changes since April, with dates on the left, and the date of your manic episode.

@Altostratai did already a signature change some days ago 😉you can Look it up.

Today I feeling the first time so much better… what I did : i took the 50mg RX at 8pm instead of 10pm …

Now i am thinking about changing the dose to IR again maybe in some days..( it would be also so much easier to taper the irregular)

it can be that I no longer tolerate the RX and maybe this is interacting with my thyroid hormones I take..

In the last years I had no Symptoms anymore since I began to take Natural dessicated thyroid Hormons and when I got all my levels  right … 

since this time I was stable and could go down to 75mg Quetiapin…

Corona messed my thyroid levels totally up …

5/23 got manic 

• Administrator

5/23 got manic 

5/23 up from 1•25mgIR/1•50mgRX(75mg) to 100mg IR

Do all these drug changes refer to quetiapine?

What part of 2023 did you have covid? Did you get treated with drugs for covid? What drugs?

If you made no drug changes (missing doses, increasing or lowering dosage, taking a dose off-schedule, taking antibiotics or other drugs) prior to 5/23, it's possible your "manic" episode was related to covid insomnia.

Please describe your "manic" episode in 5/23. 

What times o'clock do you currently take your drugs, with their dosages?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Altostrata

sorry i did not reply.. Yes all drug changes refer to Quetiapin.

My last tapering was in 3/22 from 80mg to 75mg.

No I did not take any drugs for Corona only Natural remedy like vitamines and Kurkuma. I did take Albendazol and Pyrantel against a parasite I got during vacation.. this was shortly before i got the manic Episode..and I had an an anesthesia for curretage..but during the episode.

In this episode i was in my own world.. was very active and did just a lot and was also temporaly really confused..

I came out of this state when I changed to 2•25mg/ 50RX Quetiapin.

I take my dosage at 9.30pm 

And i did now a water solution from the 25mg and came down to 97,5mg.

I do break the 50mg RX in half.

Since i did this I feel better .. 

i never broke the RX but I want to change it after some weeks to 2•25mg IR ..

everything is a little bit better now ..But my thinking and feeling social are still very bad .. Hope i find myself back !!

I will go very slowly in 2,5% steps to 75mg and stay there for a while.

Greetings to you 🌸

5/23 got manic