Tips for tapering off stomach acid blockers or PPIs (esomeprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole)

Altostrata

I was six months off an AD reaction to escitalopram, I was healing in what I would consider a mostly linear fashion, my symptoms decreasing very slowly, but steadily each month. I had terrible rebound GERD, and was put on esomeprazole 20mg. Five days later I had the worst AD/WD symptoms that I had in months. I feel like I jumped back at least three months in my recovery. I only have now just wondered if this was related due to the reaction between omeprazole/esomprazole and escitalopram/Lexapro & if this exacerbated all of my symptoms again. This was the only change I had made in that time & the symptoms that did come back were exactly the reaction I had when I was on escitalopram in the first place just not as severe and did gradually calm down again thankfully.  I don’t know how this works exactly, but this definitely seems connected especially after reading the study on these two drug interactions. I have since changed PPI so we’ll see if I have a similar reaction to the new one or not. I will try the counting beads method to taper off slowly in a couple weeks when the esophagus has healed. 

On Escitalopram for a total of (10 weeks)

10 mg May 7, 2023(22 days/ 3 weeks) / reduced to 5 mg May 30 (for 22 days/3 weeks) / 3 mg June 21 (for 10 days) / 2 mg July 2 (8 days) / 1 mg July 10 (6 days) / Off mg July 17 2023

Supplements: Omega3 DHA. Take as needed (few times a week / not daily): Vitamin B, Multivitamin. Iron, probiotic, Mag Bisglycinate

Experimented & discontinued Taurine (lowered BP too much), L Carnitine (became lightheaded)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy