B vitamins or B vitamin complex

Sunny1008

On 8/12/2011 at 5:20 PM, Altostrata said:

Taking a B complex is always risky, as there are some B vitamins that tend to be activating.

Others, such as vitamin B12 may help. But you don't know what causes a bad reaction if you take them all together.

Quick question…I haven’t been on this forum in a while because I’ve been doing so well. However, the past 3 months have been rough and I haven’t been able to pin point it. Today I realized that maybe the IV therapy (Myers) I’ve been doing with my daughter may be the culprit of my issues. I have been anxious from sun up to sun down, and have struggled to sleep. I could not figure out what it was until I came to the forum today. I remembered someone posting about B vitamins being stimulating. I’ve basically regressed to the early days of my withdrawal (5 years ago) over the past few weeks. I’ve made my doctor do all the work ups, bloodwork, etc. and she’s only found a little bit of low iron. Everything else, including an EKG has been normal. Is it possible that the anxiety I’m experiencing is from B vitamins? I’ve done one infusion a month since March. 

mFrustrated

Celexa- 2 days (February 2016)

Paxil- 5 days (February 2016)

Zoloft- 11 days (February 2016)

BuSpar-2 days (June 2016)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mFrustrated said:

Is it possible that the anxiety I’m experiencing is from B vitamins?

Yes.

You will need to let your system settle down from this. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 hours ago, mFrustrated said:

Quick question…I haven’t been on this forum in a while because I’ve been doing so well. However, the past 3 months have been rough and I haven’t been able to pin point it. Today I realized that maybe the IV therapy (Myers) I’ve been doing with my daughter may be the culprit of my issues. I have been anxious from sun up to sun down, and have struggled to sleep. I could not figure out what it was until I came to the forum today. I remembered someone posting about B vitamins being stimulating. I’ve basically regressed to the early days of my withdrawal (5 years ago) over the past few weeks. I’ve made my doctor do all the work ups, bloodwork, etc. and she’s only found a little bit of low iron. Everything else, including an EKG has been normal. Is it possible that the anxiety I’m experiencing is from B vitamins? I’ve done one infusion a month since March. 

I used to get Myers regularly. I stopped after the first year of withdrawal because I would have uncontrollable crying, anger and anxiety the following day.. so it’s possible. Although, even some healthy people get anxious after taking b vitamins (especially higher doses) because they are stimulating as you mentioned.

Thanks you guys. I’m looking to find some things to calm me. I’ve been through a box of stress relief tea in a week because it seems to be the only thing that I’ve found to work. I wondering if some magnesium might help. Epsom salt baths have helped in the past, but I haven’t been able to work all week because I keep having panic attacks. 

mFrustrated

Celexa- 2 days (February 2016)

Paxil- 5 days (February 2016)

Zoloft- 11 days (February 2016)

BuSpar-2 days (June 2016)

• 6 months later...

I have a question could one of the moderators please help me 

I have been taking 10ml of floradix a day since 18th october and I have been feeling fine, sleeping better, feeling more energy etc. Floradix is not a B complex supplement but it has iron (II) from ferrous gluconate, vitamins B2, B6, B12 and C. I took 10ml as opposed to the 20ml a day recommended as I wanted to start small. What I was taking would amount to:

Vitamin C   8 mg  
Thiamin   0.8 mg  
Riboflavin   0.9 mg  
Vitamin B6   0.4 mg  
Vitamin B12   0.6 µg  
Iron   7.5 mg  

However in the past few days I have noticed an increase in anxiety, insomnia, feeling energised and a bit activated.

I did have a stomach bug for the past few weeks due to eating something that was out of date without realising and also becoming a bit too relaxed with my diet.
Am I going through a wave or has the floradix built up in my system? 
I haven't felt like this at all for the time I've been taking the floradix apart from now. It reminds me of the waves from the beginning of withdrawal. 

I would really appreciate if someone would get back to me. 

Thank you 

Put on sertraline in January 2016 50 mg. 100mg Feb 16-May18 

may 18 50 mg some withdrawals 

august 18 rapid taper off. September 22 put on 50 mg due to withdrawals 

2 weeks later up to 100mg. Bad reaction 

on 100 for 4 weeks. Then 50 for two weeks 25 for two weeks and 25 every other day for a week 

off since 8 December having waves and windows 

I have a question could one of the moderators please help me 

I have been taking 10ml of floradix a day since 18th october and I have been feeling fine, sleeping better, feeling more energy etc. Floradix is not a B complex supplement but it has iron (II) from ferrous gluconate, vitamins B2, B6, B12 and C. I took 10ml as opposed to the 20ml a day recommended as I wanted to start small. What I was taking would amount to:

Vitamin C   8 mg  
Thiamin   0.8 mg  
Riboflavin   0.9 mg  
Vitamin B6   0.4 mg  
Vitamin B12   0.6 µg  
Iron   7.5 mg  

However in the past few days I have noticed an increase in anxiety, insomnia, feeling energised and a bit activated.

I did have a stomach bug for the past few weeks due to eating something that was out of date without realising and also becoming a bit too relaxed with my diet.
Am I going through a wave or has the floradix built up in my system? 
I haven't felt like this at all for the time I've been taking the floradix apart from now. It reminds me of the waves from the beginning of withdrawal. 

I would really appreciate if someone would get back to me. 

Thank you 

Put on sertraline in January 2016 50 mg. 100mg Feb 16-May18 

may 18 50 mg some withdrawals 

august 18 rapid taper off. September 22 put on 50 mg due to withdrawals 

2 weeks later up to 100mg. Bad reaction 

on 100 for 4 weeks. Then 50 for two weeks 25 for two weeks and 25 every other day for a week 

off since 8 December having waves and windows 

• 1 month later...

I think sometimes we can get a bit hung up on taking this vitamin, or that mineral, in the hope that it will make us feel better. Especially when we’re bombarded with web articles insisting that a particular supplement is the magic thing to make everything go away. Or you have to take a second supplement at the same time to make the first one work.

Every day I read posts online from people saying they’ve taken a vitamin/mineral and feel worse, in some cases much worse. I can guarantee half the replies will consist of lists of numerous other pills to take to ‘balance out’ side effects from the first.

Very few seem to say ‘stop taking something that makes you feel bad’, or ‘have you had your blood work done, do you need this supplement? If you don’t, you body will reject it.’

With regards B vitamins, a bad reaction may be a good thing, as it likely means your body is making enough of it by itself already. It means your gut is healthy - good news, you don’t need to take it.

By taking extra B vitamins which you don’t actually need you’re overdosing on the stuff , which isn’t particularly harmful but will make you feel agitated etc. Not helpful in withdrawal!

This applies to all vitamins and mineral really, get your bloods done first. Find out if you actually need the extra chemicals before taking them.

Oct 2018 - Jun 2020: 10 mg per day generic Escitalopram in pill form.

Jul 2020 - Aug 2020: Switched to 9 mg per day of Cipralex drops to aid tapering.

Sep 2020 - Oct 2020: Taper to 8 mg.

Nov 2020 - Dec 2020: Taper to 7 mg.

Jan 2021 - Feb 2021: Taper to 6 mg.

Mar 2021 - Apr 2021: Taper to 5 mg.

May 2021 - Jun 2021: Taper to 4 mg.

Jul 2021 - Sep 2021: Taper to 3 mg.

Sep 2021 - Jan 2022: Taper to 2 mg.

Jan 2022: Stopped taking altogether.

• 6 months later...

Vitamin B6 good or bad

This may have been discussed in another post but is vitamin B6 stimulating for us that are in withdrawals only I was given a prebiotic by someone to try and it contains vit B6 I read on the supplement page but it only says about B12 B3  B12 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

• ChessieCat changed the title to B vitamins or B vitamin complex - B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12
  • ChessieCat changed the title to B vitamins or B vitamin complex
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I have had gastroparesis and my doctor suggested I try thiamin, or vitamin B1
In addition, it is supposed to reduce fatigue.
I have been taking it for 2 weeks in a low dose, i.e. Benfotiamine 100mg per day
In addition, I have taken fish oil and vitamin D
Digestion has somewhat improved, but sleep disorders and restlessness have occurred
Is vitamin B1 as activating as B12 or B6 and folate?
I am tapering Clomipramine which is an anticholinergic medication
Vitamin B1 must somehow also affect acetylcholine via the vagus nerve
Dysfunction of the vagus nerve again causes gastroparesis and insufficient stomach acid and slow intestinal transit
What do you think about it?

Xanax 0,5mg 1999-2019 a Xanax 0,5mg paar korda kuus, vajadusel

Cymbalta 30mg 2012-25.04.2018 kitsenev 2-3 kuud,rasked sümptomid 1 nädal pärast viimast annust

Amitriptüliin 25mg 25.05.18-20.01.19 ,kitsenev 2-3 kuuga, unetus, paanika-ärevus, segasusseisund, iiveldus

Valdoxan 25mg 10.02.19-10.03.19, ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, Lorasepaam 10.02.19-20.02.19 vajadusel üleöö

Brintellix 5mg 10.03.19-30.06.19 ,ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, hirme, segasust ja unetust, olin haiglas 1 nädal

Olansapiin 5mg 01.03.19-02.08.19,unetuse leevendamiseks suureneb segasus, suureneb depressioon, tekib raske akatiisia Cymbalta 30mg 30.06.19-01.08.19,ei tööta enam, olukord ei stabiliseeru, jälle haiglas 2 nädalat

Levomepromasiin 5mg 03.08.19-20.12.19 aitas magada, kuid suurendas segadust ja depressiooni

Anafraniil 75mg03.08.19-15.12.19  15.12.19 , 35mg  17.05.20  , 27mg 01.01.21 16.07.21 oli päevane A19 mg 01.04.22 11mg 01.11.22 8,6mg, 01.11.23 6,5mg 01.01.24 5mg

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy