Neck boils, pain in back of neck especially after food

Jason

Hello all,

I have a symptom question, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or has. I have been getting neck boils, or at least what I think are neck boils, along lines running up and down the back of my neck. They are acne-like in nature, but are deeper under the skin (those that are close to the skin can sometimes erupt with pus and blood, similiar to a pimple). I have a few that have "gone away" months ago, but have left very hard small bumps beneath the surface of my skin. I do not know what these are, if they are along lymph node system, or along nerve lines, or what. Also, they intensify immediately after - and sometimes during - eating. They hurt like hell, and sometimes after eating I get severe brain fog and neck pain, as if nervous tissue has become "clogged up" from having just eaten. A few hours after eating, and when food is digesting, it goes down.

I did not eat all day, and a lot of brain fog and these neck problems lifted. I just had a meal (not a very good one, two McDonald's cheeseburgers), and the problem flared up big time. Now, don't let the poor meal nutrition fool you. This can happen even after eating healthy food.

Has anyone else got this during withdrawal? Is it from withdrawal? Is it unrelated? Should I see a doctor? I have read that neck boils are often a sign of inflammation and infection, particularly bacterial. I am getting over a bacterial infection as we speak, but this has been going on for about six months now, ever since I moved and abandoned all my belongings that were contaminated with mycotoxins and mold spores.

Also - I have been thinking of trying a detox to see if that helps clear this up. I was specifically thinking of trying Flor Essence. Has anyone tried this product with any good results? I am thinking that these neck boils are a sign of toxic overload.

Please offer any insights you might have.

Thanks,

Jason

Zoloft: 2002 - sometime 2003 CT
Celexa: 2004 - 2007 20 mg
Effexor XR: 2007 - 2009 300 mg!!!
Effexor XR: 2010 - 2011 tapered down to 18.75 mg, hard time with interdose withdrawal
Prozac: 2011 5 mg till October, then got more depressed tried to updose to 10mg for three days and I became suicidal and very ill
tapered to 2 mg then stopped Feb 20, 2012. Restarting Celexa 10mg March 2017 due to rough patch in my life (anxiety and depression).

Link to my intro page here

Also : was addicted to Klonopin 2004 - 2008, tapered in 2008. Still have on hand for panic, but rarely used.

Suspected mold infection living in moldy room 2012.

Supplements I take: Multi, probiotic, wild Alaskan salmon oil, C, D3, methylB12, niacinamide, whey protein isolate

• Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps you should keep a food diary, log every single thing that passes your lips for at

least a month, and a log of symptoms, so you can see if there is a pattern. Read labels 

so you know exactly what is in everything you eat. My niece was reacting to citric acid 

and it was only when she looked at the diary that she could pinpoint it by reading labels

and looking back at what she had eaten and drank! 

Just my thoughts. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

No it's not like that. I feel immediate reactions to anything passing through the mouth passage. I could even just hold the food in my mouth and it affects this. For example, I just started a prescription strength mouthwash to prepare for a dentist appointment coming up. I swish for thirty seconds and spit it out. Now my neck hurts and everything in the back of my neck and in my head feels funny. I have never had a problem with this mouthwash before. It is like the nerves lining my mouth that connect to the back if my neck and on up to my brain are ... "Unprotected". Forget leaky gut, this is like "leaky mouth". Any chance this could be what is happening? I know that things inhaled can travel along the nerves of the nasal passages right into the brain. This is why if you inhale too much bleach, for example, it can give you a headache and or dizziness, etc. it is as if anything passing through my throat is "affecting" the back of my neck, my brain, and consequently my ability to think and my moods. It is the strangest thing.

Btw, I take back saying I have "neck boils." Or, at least I don't know that they're necessarily boils. I watched a YouTube video of a man popping/squeezing a neck boil last night, and these bumps on my neck are not that large and do not look like that. They are more like pimples on steroids that hurt like hell and do not pop (unless they are again close to the skin, which these aren't). My guess is they are inflamed nerve bundles or backed up lymph. Just wondering if anyone else has these or had the phenomena of immediate discomfort and brain fog/ moodiness/ neck pain or issues immediately upon eating? This is nuts. And how to explain this to anyone? I hope it comes across as somewhat clear what I'm talking about.

Effexor XR: 2010 - 2011 tapered down to 18.75 mg, hard time with interdose withdrawal
Prozac: 2011 5 mg till October, then got more depressed tried to updose to 10mg for three days and I became suicidal and very ill
tapered to 2 mg then stopped Feb 20, 2012. Restarting Celexa 10mg March 2017 due to rough patch in my life (anxiety and depression).

Also : was addicted to Klonopin 2004 - 2008, tapered in 2008. Still have on hand for panic, but rarely used.

Supplements I take: Multi, probiotic, wild Alaskan salmon oil, C, D3, methylB12, niacinamide, whey protein isolate

• Moderator Emeritus

Sounds very unpleasant Jason, I hope you can find what it is so you can deal with it  :(

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks mammap.

I really want to try a detox cleanse. Anything out there anyone recommends? If not, I will just ask at a health food or vitamin store. They seem willing to help when I've brought up my issues before. :)

My skin developed boils which after about 12-18months they develop into ulcerations that take well over 2 1/2 yrs to heal. It was an autoimmune response to nsaids and certain foods. Even healthy foods. But GMO laced foods are atrocious.

whatever is happening on your skin is happening more than 100fold to your intestines. And I too can have intestinal reactions just putting something in my mouth bc I had become so hyper reactive!!

Do a deep detox and elimination diet to identify what your body can and cannot tolerate. If it's showing up on your skin it's already been affecting your intestinal tract - and it's ability to absorb nutrients!!

I now react to fewer substances than when I began my elimination diet in jan 2012. At first I seemed to be reacting to everything!

Withdrawing meds: * lexapro 20mg (?) since maybe winter 2009-10. Self weaned this summer stopping in sept 2013 (I just cut in half for a few weeks, then took every other day then a couple x a week then nothing); *Xanax 0.5mg 4xday (dr cut by 50% twice in 16days oct 5-21st. By late Nov, dropped from 1/2 a 0.5mg tab tid to bid...by dec 1st, I was suicidal. Told dr I had to hold!) am still holding at 1/4 a 0.5mg tab bid since early dec; *sept 9 began buspar 7.5mg bid, raised to 15mg bid oct, nov 23 raised it 30mg am holding pm dose at 15mg. By Dec 11th I knew my liver was heading into failure again... Heart rapidly moving towards stroke levels. BP escalating rapidly towards stroke levels... BP moving past 200/130+ and heart rate hitting 200s everyday after buspar dose. Ribs were burning from being pushed so far out by the swollen liver plus itching severe- needed scissors to scratch deep enough but still itching 24/7. Checked for buspar symptoms I had them all plus a few underlying conditions making buspar contraindicated. For me buspar is literally toxic.

*buspar taper:

~dec 11th dropped from 30mg am/15mg pm to 15mg am/pm

~dec 17th pm dropped to 12.5mg am/pm

~dec 29th pm dropped to 10mg am/pm

~jan 5th pm dropped to 7.5mg am/pm

~jan 7th pm dropped to 5mg am/pm {dropped in only two days under pressure from alto to drop Now... Bc she then realized I was referring to significant organ failures and was dealing with serious side effects not merely inconvenient ones. My w/d side effects spiked}

~jan 8th I raised the pm dose to 6.25mg leaving the am dose at 5mg; stayed at 5mg am/6.25mg pm for a few days

~jan 12th pm dropped to 5mg am/pm

~jan 18th pm dropped to 5mg am/3.75mg pm; experienced a crushing spike in symptoms including liver irritation and "lightening storm headaches" among others. Currently at this dose.

• 9 months later...

My skin developed boils which after about 12-18months they develop into ulcerations that take well over 2 1/2 yrs to heal. It was an autoimmune response to nsaids and certain foods. Even healthy foods. But GMO laced foods are atrocious. whatever is happening on your skin is happening more than 100fold to your intestines. And I too can have intestinal reactions just putting something in my mouth bc I had become so hyper reactive!! Do a deep detox and elimination diet to identify what your body can and cannot tolerate. If it's showing up on your skin it's already been affecting your intestinal tract - and it's ability to absorb nutrients!! I now react to fewer substances than when I began my elimination diet in jan 2012. At first I seemed to be reacting to everything!

Hey everyone - I just wanted to note that a lot of this has gone away for me. It must have been a "phase" of withdrawal. Maybe some nerves in the back of my neck area were going through significant changes which caused inflammation and that has passed. God only knows how our nervous systems change and re-wire during this. I really do believe there is some kind of "die off" of nerve lines that need re-wiriing, which could have caused some bumps and painful boils on the neck, either due to infection or otherwise. I sometimes get these, but they are dramatically less, and usually don't ever happen anymore in the first place. Being on supplements has also helped reduce this (could have been part of a nutritional deficiency, too).

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy