Permanent ssri usage

Llhg71

Is there anyone on this board that is permanently on ssri's? If so, how did you know this? What happened?

Hi

I do know people who are permanently on ssri's but they are not on this site. They are friends who want to stay on ssri's.

I feel like I have been permanently on ssri's...it's been years now.  Since 1997.  Long time.  During that time and even now I ask myself if I will ever be able to get off all meds and what will it be like.

This may not directly answer your question.  Sorry. 

Are you questioning whether or not you will have to remain on them?  I think we all wonder about that from time to time.

I don't have an exact answer for myself, however I have tapered off Celexa, and I am planning on tapering off Imipramine which I have not mustered up the courage for yet.  And there is one more drug Nefazadone.

These things take time.....

Best regards

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Llhg71, this is a site for going off psychiatric drugs. Sometimes people take a long time to go off because they're tapering very slowly. A very few find they cannot go off entirely, down to zero. Otherwise, we do not have anyone "permanently" on SSRIs.

We do not believe that the vast majority of the people on SSRIs or other psychiatric drugs have to take them permanently. Psychiatric drugs do NOT correct a "chemical imbalance" like insulin does for diabetes. There is no such thing as a "chemical imbalance" in mood disorders.

If you have been told you have a "chemical imbalance" that requires taking an SSRI for life, you have been misled.

You may wish to visit sites such as PatientsLikeMe to meet others who look forward to a life on psychiatric drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

You may wish to visit sites such as PatientsLikeMe to meet others who look forward to a life on psychiatric drugs.

Or the forums/ chatrooms of  Psych Central!

Tapering Zoloft, Dec 2014

Started Lamictal

Re-started Zoloft mid-Oct 2014, 25-50mg

Stopped Zoloft end of Sept 2014

Started Zoloft July 2014, 50mg

Stopped Prozac from 3mg May 2014

Stopped Effexor Dec '13 Started 10mg Prozac

Reinstated Effexor 15mg on Nov 2013

Stopped from 21mg on Oct 2013
Effexor 112.5mg, since Dec 2012

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy