Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

Hi Frustrated, 

hope your aches and pains are not too bad. Have you felt any improvements?

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Frustrated, 

hope your aches and pains are not too bad. Have you felt any improvements?

The pain in my legs has been coming and going which I guess is better than coming and staying. The muscle weakness seems to stick around. Sometimes just holding the little one's backpack causes my arm to hurt. I am hoping the vit d will help. Thanks for asking. How are you?

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Glad the cat didn't break the bank at the vet. :) also happy the pain seems to be backing off for periods of time. That's great.

Prayers as always lady!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Glad the cat is Ok, and your son's taper appears to be going well. Hopefully things will start to settle down soon.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thanks guys.  Always happy to hear from you.  Yes Wildflower the leg pain seems to be taking short breaks here and there and then just when I think I might forget about it I get a fast sharp cramp in my calf.lol.  I wonder if the vit D I started taking about a week ago is doing some good.  I am sure I am deficient.  I seldom go outside and we are in the middle of winter so my skin won't be making much of the vitamin outside anyway.  Man I hope it is the vit D thing and the pain diminishes.  It would make everything else at least livable.  Plus everytime I move my bones snap and crack and it is quite scary.  I am always afraid I will move wrong and fracture a bone.  Gosh I probably have osteomalacia from the vit D deficiency.  It wouldn't shock me.

Ye Luv my son's taper seems to be going smoothly so far.  I only drop him 5 % every 4 weeks because he has to attend school every day and I don't want him to suffer at all.  He is at 41mg from 50 mg.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hope the vit d helps.

And I'm happy to hear about your sons taper!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I hope the vit D helps and I'm so happy to hear about how well yours son's taper is going!!!!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Hope the Vitamin D helps!!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Sam wants me to tell you guys thank you for caring about his taper. He thinks this site is wonderful.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hey!! No prob! His Mom is a special lady and we love her and we are praying for him always!! Xoxox

Hang in there kiddo! :)

Hey!! No prob! His Mom is a special lady and we love her and we are praying for him always!! Xoxox

Hang in there kiddo! :)

I so do love you guys. You are all the best!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Ditto!

Well My dear son is home from school AGAIN.  He suffers alot of nausea and various aches and pains.  It is not alot of serious symptoms which I am glad for but it is enough that he doesn't want to go to school.  He has missed so much school this year that I don't know how he managed to get his credits last semester.  And it seems history is about to repeat itself this semester.  I told him he has to go to school for the rest of the week no matter how he feels so he can catch up.  I feel bad but I don't know what else to do.  His taper down to 25 mg will take all year or more so He has to try and function in the mean time. I can't go much slower than 5% every 4 weeks.  He was sick on the meds and sick trying to come off so I can't win.  All I can do is try to lessen the symptoms and hold him at 25mg for six months to level out.  UGH THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!  THAT THEY CAN DO THIS TO A SMALL CHILD AND LIE TO MY FACE AND TELL ME IT IS A SAFE AND HARMLESS MED.  My doctor told me to just start giving him 25mg.  That I am being silly and he will just be Sam again.  Does he believe his own crap stories?

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Bless his heart. (Sigh). Sadly, I think some of them actually do believe it. My daughter's fiance has a 6-year-old who has "ADHD". So much conflicting info about whether this is even real--but in his case, I don't believe it is. His mother just doesn't try to discipline or do anything with him. She lets him hit her, bite her, lock her out of house and car--she for the most part just says "no-no" and/or laughs. She has the child on TWO ADHD meds. Absolutely not necessary--just make the child behave like my daughter and her fiancé do when they have him. SMH

Stopping by to see how you are doing. I feel your frustration and pain regarding your son and meds. My 2 older boys have adhd, my oldest is on meds and I'm in the process of slowly tappering him off, he med us liquid so it makes it easy. It's going to take probably atleast 2 years. My middle son has been damaged by adhd drugs, it's a horrible story that maybe someother time I will tell. If I would have known what I know now I would have never medicated my kids, the guilt I carry kills me everyday. I hope you and your son are going ok

Hugs and prayers to you

Sky

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Stopping by to see how you are doing. I feel your frustration and pain regarding your son and meds. My 2 older boys have adhd, my oldest is on meds and I'm in the process of slowly tappering him off, he med us liquid so it makes it easy. It's going to take probably atleast 2 years. My middle son has been damaged by adhd drugs, it's a horrible story that maybe someother time I will tell. If I would have known what I know now I would have never medicated my kids, the guilt I carry kills me everyday. I hope you and your son are going ok

Hugs and prayers to you

Sky

I hear you. I am trying to get him to at least 25 mg but it will take over a year. Then if he does well on 25 I will wean him lower. I would never have medicated him had I kown the truth and I feel guilt as well. Thanks for telling me your story. I feel less alone now.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I also have a daughter with adhd and they wanted her on meds and of course it is NOT gonna happen after this hell i've been put through. Hope you are feeling good...

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Thx DLB. So happy you know about these meds now so you can spare your daughter.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I'm so sorry your son is feeling ill. That really hurts my heart. Poor kid. I'm sorry you feel any guilt about it and can only imagine how upset that must make you. :( I will continue to pray. I'm so happy he has a mom as informed as you are. He will be spared so much because of it.

Thx wildflower. I feel really bad. I love him poor guy.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Frustrated, you are guilty of nothing. You believed the medical gurus, the drug companies, and the media. That is expected, not abnormal. It is a darned good thing your children have a mother who can help them get off the drugs, and who realizes that side effects occurred. Children are incredibly resilient and recovery is very possible for the young.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Question?  I am taking magnesium and vit d and b12 and now I am having uncontrolled bleeding.  My gums just well up with blood all day and I didn't even get blood with brushing before.  Also during that time of the month it is so bad now I was going to go the hospital because I thought I was hemeroging(I know too much info).  I have taken a low dose aspirin everyday for the last 12 years.  Do you think the vitamins are thinning my blood that much more and causing issues.  Starting to worry.  Gonna call doctor.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

((((Frustrated)))) let us know what the doctor says.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Yes he is lucky that he has a mum that knows what she is doing..don't feel guilt..none of us knew :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Question? I am taking magnesium and vit d and b12 and now I am having uncontrolled bleeding. My gums just well up with blood all day and I didn't even get blood with brushing before. Also during that time of the month it is so bad now I was going to go the hospital because I thought I was hemeroging(I know too much info). I have taken a low dose aspirin everyday for the last 12 years. Do you think the vitamins are thinning my blood that much more and causing issues. Starting to worry. Gonna call doctor.

:( I have no idea. But the dr sounds like a wise decision.

Nurse sent me to have b12 and iron and platelets rechecked. Wouldn't shock me if I was still low in b12, even though I take supplements. Maybe that is half my issue. I have been low in certain vitamins and minerals for the last two decades and my doctor didn't think to notice. Just said I had fibro. Oh well in and event I guess I will add weird bleeding to my list. Figures. I hate my life.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Frustrated, I am sorry you are suffering so much. I know that it is very hard for you (temporary). Please dont hate your life. I looked where you come from. Actually Ontario is one of the nicest places ever, there is also Niagara falls, isnt it? I know that now you dont see it, but I would consider myself lucky to live on such a nice place.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

You will eventually like your life frustrated when your better..I bet xx

((((Frustrated)))) This is another hurdle. You will get beyond it. You're a very strong lady with a lot on your plate. Our lives are pretty compromised right now, but we're healing.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks everybody. I know you are all right but I have trouble seeing it right now. Maybe the WD is causing the defficiencies to worsen and that is causing issues. Idk but I just want it to stop. It is getting to be too much and then my scholarly side kicks in and I study to look for reasons and answers even when there are none. I appreciate all of you more than you know.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Sorry you are dealing with this, Frustrated, but you will get through it. ((Hugs))

I'm so sorry. :( but, there is an upside to all

Of this! If you have deficiencies, you can correct them. You seem to be able to handle supplements. I think there are many of us who have deficiencies but couldn't touch a supplement with a ten foot pole. So we are essentially screwed, for now. From what I understand, you are not in that boat! So hurray for that!

The walking dead is over and I am headed to bed. Legs are jumpy tonight and nauseous so I pray I get some sleep. Good night all! Wishing you all 8 hours sleep and sweet dreams.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Bless you Frustrated. Wishing you peaceful zzzzzzzzz.

Thx Pug. Love you sweetie. Praying you get some sleep and maybe a lovely dream.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thank you.