☼ nz11 climbs onboard

nz11

On 12/31/2016 at 6:28 AM, nz11 said:

I have made a small change to THE WORKS tapering calculator.

1. The Liquid taper schedule now goes to 2 decimal places rather than 1 decimal place as before.

I overlooked the fact that calibration on a  1 ml syringe is capable of 2 decimal places.

2. A red flag 'STOP check' now appears for anyone who tries to tell the calculator the pill weight is equal to or less than the active ingredient weight.

Happy New Year

nz11

'THE WORKS' 1 Jan 17 for sa.zip 29.23 kB · 292 downloads

Hi There nz11, I'm just about to start my taper and I'm trying to use your spreadsheet. Looks like you've put in loads of work and it looks really useful.   I'm just starting out, so a bit confused by some of the terms. Please can you let me know what 'mgai' means?

Been on SSRI antidepressants for over 20 years

GP & psychiatrist changed the specific drug I was on a few times over the years when my depression got worse.

Been on 40 mg Citalopram for approx 15 years

Early 2023 spoke to GP about possibly coming off antidepressants.

1st GP I spoke to and Psychiatrist both reccomended -50% then -50% then stop over a few weeks.

GP said she couldn't prescribe liquid citalopram becuase it was too expensive.

I explained to them what I've learned from SA about slow tapering. Neither said they'd ever heard of slow tapering.

May 2023 reduced to 30mg citalopram

2nd GP - in same practice, very understanding and happy to let me choose tapering amount and also prescribed liquid citalopram

Sept 2023 changed from tablet to liquid (30mg tablet to 24mg liquid - as per equivalent dose details in patient leaflet with liquid)

Just trying to work out best taper - would like to work out taper based on Mark Horowitz work on reduction as per what I think he describes as a hyperbolic (?) relation between dosage and effect of SSRIs. 

• Administrator

Hello, @RB398 "Mgai" means "milligrams of active ingredient".

Please start an Introductions topic for yourself.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for clarifying. 

On 9/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, RB398 said:

Hi There nz11, I'm just about to start my taper and I'm trying to use your spreadsheet. Looks like you've put in loads of work and it looks really useful.   I'm just starting out, so a bit confused by some of the terms. Please can you let me know what 'mgai' means?

Been on SSRI antidepressants for over 20 years

GP & psychiatrist changed the specific drug I was on a few times over the years when my depression got worse.

Been on 40 mg Citalopram for approx 15 years

Early 2023 spoke to GP about possibly coming off antidepressants.

1st GP I spoke to and Psychiatrist both reccomended -50% then -50% then stop over a few weeks.

GP said she couldn't prescribe liquid citalopram becuase it was too expensive.

I explained to them what I've learned from SA about slow tapering. Neither said they'd ever heard of slow tapering.

May 2023 reduced to 30mg citalopram

2nd GP - in same practice, very understanding and happy to let me choose tapering amount and also prescribed liquid citalopram

Sept 2023 changed from tablet to liquid (30mg tablet to 24mg liquid - as per equivalent dose details in patient leaflet with liquid)

Just trying to work out best taper - would like to work out taper based on Mark Horowitz work on reduction as per what I think he describes as a hyperbolic (?) relation between dosage and effect of SSRIs.