Bach Flower Remedies

WinningThrough

Has anyone tried using any Bach Flower Remedies for withdrawal? I've been having some success with one and decided to start a topic here today and interestingly, just before I did so, I read a new success story on here where the person said they started using Bach Flower essences and they helped.

I've been seeing a healer and she recommended Rock Rose. I've been researching the Bach flower essences and couldn't find anything bad about them.

Since I started using Rock Rose, I've had some improvements. I have a long way to go but I have had improvements. The healer said the Rock Rose would help with the terror. My terror is much better! So is the suicidal depression!

I'm interested to know if anyone else has tried Bach flower remedies?

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Yes, I've used flower remedies for withdrawal..and had used them off and on for a number of years. I like them because of their gentleness. The changes are often subtle, but I find there is no negative aspects to them. I've used both Bach and FES remedies successfully.

While I sometimes read about them and choose that way, I mostly work through muscle testing to decide what to work with...often using several in combination.

Last week, I made up a combo, after getting tired of being angry so much. Whether it was the flowers, or simply a shift in some other way, within a couple of days the anger went way down and I started sleeping better again.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

What is FES?

Winning through I'm so happy to hear you have improvements..what about the fact that it has alcohol in it though? X

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

FES is flower essence services: http://www.fesflowers.com/

Bach flower remedies now has alcohol free ones: http://www.bachflower.com/alcohol-free-bach-flower-remedies/

I've never had any problem with the alcohol in the ones I've used. I realize that might not be the case for everyone though.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

L&L, I'm using the alcohol free one. That's available if you order directly from the Bach flower essences company.

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - med free

• 11 months later...

Help please from anyone who has used these remedies...

I met with a psychotherapist who uses "alternative" therapies.  One of this therapies is the Bach flowers.  He also does meditation/hypnosis/relaxation therapy.  That was the main reason I went to him, was to learn the relaxation techniques.  He has been doing this for decades and even is the co-founder of this healing center.

So he put together this Bach flower mixture for me, said there was absolutely no side effects possible whatsoever, that is was basically water.  Just had these flowers in the water that helped with anxiety, etc...He put together the mixture that he thought would be best for my situation.  He said that typically 4 drops are taken 4 times a day.  He told me that although there should be no side effects, that I should just do 1 drop twice a day, just because I am so ultra-sensitive.

Well, I got home, still feeling great, and decided to start the therapy.  I put one drop into a glass of water.  Halfway through the glass I started feeling like I was stoned or something.  Now I feel completely messed up.  My anxiety has reached a whole new level, my head feels totally screwed up, like I am tripping or something.  I don't know how else to explain it.

I have searched the forum, and everyone who used it said they had positive results and that it was very mild, etc...

Is this crap going to wear off?  What the heck.  I was having such a great day.  Now I feel like I'm on psychedelics or something.  Why me...

Please tell me this will go away soon. 

History of Wellbutrin, Neurontin, Buspar, Paxil and others in 1990's - teenage years

Xanax .5 mg as needed 2010-2015

One injection of Haldol in ER 10/9/2015 - dystonic reaction (ongoing issues)

One 50 mg pill Zoloft 10/31/15 adverse reaction/s that are ongoing

Xanax .125 mg every 3 hours as needed, .25 mg at bedtime 1/8/16-1/21/16Xanax .25 mg every 3 hours (1.25 mg/day) 1/22/16 - 2/9/16Xanax .25 mg/5 times a day (1.25 mg/day) starting 2/10/16, then tried 6 times/day (2x.25, 4x.1875)Xanax .25 mg/6 times a day (1.5 mg/day) starting 2/19/16

Tapering off of Xanax, switching to Diazepam, starting June 29, 2016, then starting taper soon there after

Completed Xanax taper early Sept 2016, crossover to 20 mg/day Diazepam

Currently at 2 mg Diazepam/day = 1 mg bedtime, 1 mg morning

• 10 months later...

Hubby saw several different products by the name Bach rescue remedy, in "pastilles" and other different forms.  Has anyone tried it?  It is supposed to help with anxiety and insomnia.

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

I can't believe I started this thread! I remember having a sort of window exactly when I wrote this. It lasted about 7 days, I think, and I got to about 30-40%. That was by far the best I'd ever been or have been since. My mental improvements were the best, I remember. I didn't keep up with the Rock Rose. My window started closing and it all came back and a while after that I stopped the Rock Rose. Maybe I should have continued with it. I don't know. Maybe I should give it another try. I'm not sure what caused that window. It could have been anything or it could have just happened. It's all so random!

Grandma D I didn't know you could get pastilles. They sound quite good.

29 June 2014 - med free

Don't use them, they are sorcery

Took Risperdal (4 mg for one week, 2 mg for some weeks and 3 mg for three days) from early August to early September 2016.

• 7 years later...

@WinningThrough hi I'm 3 years into healing from a adverse reation , and wish this thread was growing because i just came accross the bach pastelles and im vry interested 😭 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy